You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Scope Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Scope Brand

What is the best scope brand? I want one that is 3-9x magnification. I was looking at Leupold Scopes but there are just so many to choose from.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

ive got leupold vortex nightorce nikon and weaver scopes. lots of good brands other than those ive mentioned out there. i would say find one that has a good warranty and features you want in the price range in your budget.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You may like the Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40.

Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 Riflescopes TR20, TR20-1, TR20-1G, TR20-2, TR20-2G, TR20G, TR20R FREE S+H

Be Well.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #4

Liked 1682 Times on 935 Posts
Likes Given: 781

There are a whole bunch of great scopes on the market today.If there's a local dealer near you that has several good brands in stock,I'd go and look thru several that you like outdoors preferably.With all the different coatings the mfg's put on the lenses today,you'd be suprised how different the same style of scopes look with your eyes.
Look around,there are a bunch of great deals out there on some very good optics right now.I know the Zeiss Conquest has been on sale for $399,and it will blow the Leupold VX3 line away.Sightron SII/Big Sky lines have excellent glass,as does the Weaver Super Slam line.Nikon Monarchs are nice scopes,but the coatings on the lenses are darker than I like,and make it harder to see in low light conditions.

Almost everyone has a lifetime warranty now,and all of these mfg's use great Japanese glass-the Conquest may have German glass,I can't remember?
IMO,I would go with Sightron,Zeiss or Weaver before a Nikon or Leupold,you can get any of them in the $300-400 dollar range.

Oh,Weaver also has a $50 mail in rebate til the end of the year on the Super Slam line.
North American Hunting Club

Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #5

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
There are a whole bunch of great scopes on the market today.If there's a local dealer near you that has several good brands in stock,I'd go and look thru several that you like outdoors preferably.With all the different coatings the mfg's put on the lenses today,you'd be suprised how different the same style of scopes look with your eyes.
Look around,there are a bunch of great deals out there on some very good optics right now.I know the Zeiss Conquest has been on sale for $399,and it will blow the Leupold VX3 line away.Sightron SII/Big Sky lines have excellent glass,as does the Weaver Super Slam line.Nikon Monarchs are nice scopes,but the coatings on the lenses are darker than I like,and make it harder to see in low light conditions.

Almost everyone has a lifetime warranty now,and all of these mfg's use great Japanese glass-the Conquest may have German glass,I can't remember?
IMO,I would go with Sightron,Zeiss or Weaver before a Nikon or Leupold,you can get any of them in the $300-400 dollar range.

Oh,Weaver also has a $50 mail in rebate til the end of the year on the Super Slam line.
Yes THE ZIESS BLOWS AWAY THE VX3 leuopld an they are 100 or more, than the ziess. Carl ziess optics are just awesome period

Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Yes THE ZIESS BLOWS AWAY THE VX3 leuopld an they are 100 or more, than the ziess. Carl ziess optics are just awesome period
The ziess is german glass also

Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly

I have a nikon monarch in 4.5x16x42. I had a great muley buck at 174 yards the sun was just comin up the hay field was cut an brown in color the scope picked up so much of the brown from the dead hay an sunlight I could not see the buck just a brown haze in the scope. I carry a backup rifle it is a.marlin x7 270 an has a ziess conquest on it the deer was clear as daylight an long story short I wont buy a nikon again period

Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #8

Thanks guys. That was good info.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #9

Liked 212 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 143

The best scope out there is probably a Schmidt & Bender, but starting price on them is around $2000+. As to what's available AND good, there are so many options and opinions on their uses, it boggles the mind. One scope I have, that hasn't been mentioned is a Burris FullfieldII. They have probably better optics(my opinion) with a fairer price than Nikon or Weaver. If you go with Nikon, I would go with a Buckmaster(I have one mounted on a 30-06) series for their better pricing over a Monarch, but much better optic than a Prostaff. They'll also take lots of abuse. If you want something a little different there's also Bushnell Elite 6500 series that I think gives Leupold a good run for their money.
Del

Old 12-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #10

Liked 212 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 143

One scope I just thought of and that is the NEW Burris "Eliminator". It comes as a 4-12x(?) and what it does is you put your crosshairs on the game, and it calculates the distance. When it's done calculating distance, it will light up a red dot on the vertical wire, and this dot will be where you will hit/miss the animal for that distance. All this is done in a matter of microseconds. I've seen a few hunting magazines doing tests on it and they all love it's convenience, speed, and no guessing for holdover shots. There's a couple other scope companies that have copied this technology. Remember, it's also got crosshairs, so if battery does run out, you still have a scope. It goes for around $800.
Del