Scope base, rings and scope - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Scope base, rings and scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I am kind of impressed by these;

http://www.dnzproducts.com/game-reaper-mounts

They are a true one piece mount with the rings incorporated. They are aluminum, but the ring screws are incredibly long so it is practically impossible to strip. I have a few of these on some rifles and every time I mount a scope fresh out of the box there is minimal adjustment when compared to a lazer bore sighter.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #22

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Cheever thanks for the link. I'll take a good look at them too. The screws can't be too long or they will interfere with the bolt and action. But thanks.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 11-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #23

Liked 35 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I mean the "ring" screws are very long. The "base" screws are of an appropriate length.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #24

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
to get initial line up the front ring and rear ring lower halves are set in place it often takes a wring wrench as pictured
to properly attach the front ring without damaging the ring itself. that wrench runs about 14$. you can do it with a crescent wrench and some padding ut you risk ring damage.
Here's another alternative: I use a length of wood dowel. Leave it long as that makes it easier to line up the front ring with the centerline.

Put the dowel into the ring, screw down the upper half onto the dowel and you're away....lots of leverage, too.

For 30 mm rings, I use a length of 1" thin wall electrical conduit I had left over. Fits perfect.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 11-25-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Here's another alternative: I use a length of wood dowel. Leave it long as that makes it easier to line up the front ring with the centerline.

Put the dowel into the ring, screw down the upper half onto the dowel and you're away....lots of leverage, too.
Yes, I saw this in one of the video's. I suspect that leaving it long you can use the same dowel to align the two rings before placing your scope in the rings. Might avoid damage to the scope finish.

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Thanks, Jon. I just had no idea the small tabs on the rear ring was all there is to holding it in place. Doesn't seem like much but I guess they work fine.

So once you get this zeroed in, put locktite on one side of the rear windage screws and use the other to remove the scope when needed.
That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

For 30 mm rings, I use a length of 1" thin wall electrical conduit I had left over. Fits perfect.
Use a straight edge to confirm the dowel or other is actually straight. Saves time and effort taking rings on and off.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #27

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 138

I haven't seen a mention of Warne QD rings so here goes. I have them on two mini 14s and really think Ruger should just sell them with the rifle. They aren't cheap but it is easy on and off and the levers allow you to tightened the same ever time by just pulling the lever back to where it was. I keep mine straight up so I won't forget.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #28

I have looked at the QD rings and I do like them. I'll have fun when it is time to buy

~ Holsters ~

We the People...