Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Scope (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/scope-103539/)

CasperUSMC 02-02-2014 12:36 AM

Scope

Sent from my PG06100 using Firearms Talk mobile app
Anyone ever used a nikon monarch 3. Lookin for some user reviews. Heard lots of good things an the price is right. Plan to mount on a rem 700 sps tac

Axxe55 02-02-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasperUSMC (Post 1496401)
Anyone ever used a nikon monarch 3. Lookin for some user reviews. Heard lots of good things an the price is right. Plan to mount on a rem 700 sps tac

i have never bought the Monarch series, but have looked through them a few times. seems like a quality scope to me. i have had a couple of the Nikon ProStaff scopes and really like them and the Monarch series is suppose to be an even better scope than the ProStaff series.

hardluk1 02-02-2014 02:05 PM

A hunting buddy mounted a monarh III on his newest rifle and we all have shot it. Seems like a very good scope. If I needed one today that would be my choice in the 2.5-10 x42 for a up to 308 class cartridge, 3-12x42 for a magnum.

CasperUSMC 02-02-2014 02:39 PM

Thanx guys. Imma go with the 4-16x42mm with bdc.

Axxe55 02-02-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasperUSMC (Post 1496793)
Thanx guys. Imma go with the 4-16x42mm with bdc.

Casper, are you going to use the rifle for hunting or target shooting?

reason i ask is this. i have had a couple of the Nikon scopes and i strictly target shoot now and found for target shooting i prefered the regular crosshairs for target shooting over the BDC recticle. IMO, the BDC recticle would be more beneficial to a hunter than a shooter. just something i want to pass on.

nchunt101 02-02-2014 03:45 PM

they are great scopes and are compatable to varix 3s.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Firearms Talk mobile app

CasperUSMC 02-04-2014 12:07 PM

I plan on doin both. Target and hunt with it. I will do more target seems has rifle hunting not permitted in my state cept for coyote an hog

huffmanite 02-05-2014 08:00 PM

A couple of months ago, a range member showed up with a new Nikon Monarch III in the higher power range of optics. After zeroing in his new Nikon he will eventually have his target at 200yds. So happens, he had the same power range, but previous model Monarch scope on another rifle with him. He will comment to me after finishing shooting, that he thought the optics clarity on his Monarch III was "not as clear" as his older one. In short, he was kinda disappointed in his new Nikon. Sorry, he made no other comments about his Monarch III.

John_Deer 02-07-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huffmanite (Post 1499339)
A couple of months ago, a range member showed up with a new Nikon Monarch III in the higher power range of optics. After zeroing in his new Nikon he will eventually have his target at 200yds. So happens, he had the same power range, but previous model Monarch scope on another rifle with him. He will comment to me after finishing shooting, that he thought the optics clarity on his Monarch III was "not as clear" as his older one. In short, he was kinda disappointed in his new Nikon. Sorry, he made no other comments about his Monarch III.

He should have returned it. Glass cutting techniques and coatings are improving almost as fast as computer technology.

CasperUSMC 02-16-2014 03:14 AM

Well i got the scope. Seems real clear to me, but i not a scope expert. I compared it to a $1500 swaraski, prolly spelled that wrong, they looked bout the same to me. Havent got the rifle in yet. I will say how it goes on the range when i get it all set up.