Redfield Scopes - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Redfield Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 315 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 25

BTW, in a month or so I'll be shopping for an old Redfield 6-18X or 12X fixed with AO.
My dad rebarrelled an older Savage 110 in 6mm Norma BR and it has the old Fajen kind of stock on it (factory,decent wood, has that perfect aged look- dunno who made them for Savage back then but it's pretty nice, esp for a Savage).
I'd like to get a scope that kinda fits the rifle in look.
Regular duplex or fine corsshair is OK.
I did come across a Leupold 10X with AO and CPC but I think for 100n yard work a 12X is min (dad is just gonna pop paper at 100 and 200 with it, nothing more).
Think an old decent Redfield 6-18X will look just about perfect.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookeye
BTW, in a month or so I'll be shopping for an old Redfield 6-18X or 12X fixed with AO.
My dad rebarrelled an older Savage 110 in 6mm Norma BR and it has the old Fajen kind of stock on it (factory,decent wood, has that perfect aged look- dunno who made them for Savage back then but it's pretty nice, esp for a Savage).
I'd like to get a scope that kinda fits the rifle in look.
Regular duplex or fine corsshair is OK.
I did come across a Leupold 10X with AO and CPC but I think for 100n yard work a 12X is min (dad is just gonna pop paper at 100 and 200 with it, nothing more).
Think an old decent Redfield 6-18X will look just about perfect.
I have one in its orig box its a 70's dont know exact yr, never been mounted my dad bought it new sold the gun an it went into a box with all the other projects he never finished or got bored with, after he passed away I had to go through all of it ended up keepin it all why ???? Pm me ill let u have it for cheap they arent worth much