Redfield scope opinions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Redfield scope opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Redfield scope opinions?

I seem to be hearing some good things about these scopes, but their extreme affordability scares me. Any stories out there? Complaints?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have their 3-9x40 with accurange reticle on my Marlin X7 308. Love it.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

I believe Redfield is a good value. Not as good as Burris or Redfield's parent company brand Leupold.

I have a 3 x 9 x 50 on my Handi Rifle, I am satisfied with it. The cost of the scope matched the cost of the rifle which I bought used.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Price should not scare you. I'm not a fan of any Leupold product, so I won't be buying a Redfield soon. I have had very good luck with Weaver scopes in the 250.00 range for hunting. I really like Sightron Scopes. A buddy dropped $800.00 on a Leupold VX3 4-14x40?. He was so pissed that my $550.00 Sightron was a better scope overall. It is amusing that they now make a 6.5-20x42mmAO. It does Seem Sightron is getting caught up on the big bell market. That is not good for guys that like a 42mm front objective max. Their glass is more than up to the task.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #5

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I have not seen the new Refields. I think they are an imported leader brand from Leupold. I am a great fan of Leupold. I have some old orginal Redfields made in Denver, Colorado. Redfield Sights of Denver went back to the western frontier days. They were the victims of big labor in 1973. They were shut down by a strike during the rabid antigun days of the 60s and 70s. Burris a Redfield engineer left moved up the road to Boulder and started Burris Scopes. Redfield was sold to the Brown Shoe Company and later Talon Zipper. The Unions were keeping up their attacks on Redield. Carters pro-Union bullies brought in the EPA which accused Redfield of dumping waste in the city sewer system. Redfield was closed for ever a victim of the Left. It is now just a name on an imported product.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
I have not seen the new Refields. I think they are an imported leader brand from Leupold. I am a great fan of Leupold. I have some old orginal Redfields made in Denver, Colorado. Redfield Sights of Denver went back to the western frontier days. They were the victims of big labor in 1973. They were shut down by a strike during the rabid antigun days of the 60s and 70s. Burris a Redfield engineer left moved up the road to Boulder and started Burris Scopes. Redfield was sold to the Brown Shoe Company and later Talon Zipper. The Unions were keeping up their attacks on Redield. Carters pro-Union bullies brought in the EPA which accused Redfield of dumping waste in the city sewer system. Redfield was closed for ever a victim of the Left. It is now just a name on an imported product.
Redfield optics are made in Oregon. They are not imports. They also carry the full Leupold warranty.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/ArticlePage.aspx?id=2237&cid=36

Old 01-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #7

Liked 305 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Redfield was Jap for a spell, but none of the new stuff is.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #8

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Back to America thats good news.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #9

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
They are not an import they are made in euguene OR, leupolds sister plant tge scope is built to the exact specs of the discountiued vari x 1 scopes the are not fully multi coated but the external glass is coated, they are a pretty good entry level scope, as far as the english teachers post about leupold, the sightron better than a vx3 haaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa keep thinkin that then compare glass an coatings see what u think then. Sightron scopes are no better than a nikon prostaff .

Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #10

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
Back to America thats good news.
Go online to redfield u will then understand. They were once sold with the redfield logo by fly by night crap scope makers now they are usa made again