Redfield Revolution vs. Revenge: Where Are They Made? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Redfield Revolution vs. Revenge: Where Are They Made?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
All optics manufactures use various sources for their glass. They don't look at region they look at quality of the glass and what impurities it has. If Leupold and Stiner both like the quality of glass that say a manufacture in Japan is producing they will order from them. If the next batch isn't so good and the manufacture from South Africa has the best at that time they will order from there.

Preimer Reticles are made in the USA I don't know where they get their glass though.
Good information. Thank you! I've posted a full review of the Redfield Revenge 2-7 over in the Optics section.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 11-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #12

Default Redfield scopes

Leupold and Redfield scopes are made in Oregon,U.S.A.in the same factory using the same glass and lense coatings. But not all Redfield scopes are made in the U.S. the Battlefield and Revenge scopes are made in the Philippines. Do not know if they use the same components as the U.S. made scopes. Or if the Philippines use superior components. Redfield tries to get there glass from Germany.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #13

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickpack View Post
Leupold and Redfield scopes are made in Oregon,U.S.A.in the same factory using the same glass and lense coatings. But not all Redfield scopes are made in the U.S. the Battlefield and Revenge scopes are made in the Philippines. Do not know if they use the same components as the U.S. made scopes. Or if the Philippines use superior components. Redfield tries to get there glass from Germany.
Leupold/Redfield scopes are assembled in Oregon,all of their lenses and some internal parts are imported from Japan and the Philippines. Leupold's top end scopes may have Schott lenses from Germany,but I'm not totally sure of that.

Redfield scopes are pretty decent lower tier scopes.The glass is pretty clear,and they hold a zero pretty good. I've had a 4-12 Redfield mounted on a 22 for many years.
North American Hunting Club

Old 11-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #14

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The orginal Redfield Scopes were made in Denver. Redfield was owned by the Brown Shoe Company. It was latter sold to Talon Zipper Co. It was a victim of the Labor Unions and EPA under anti-gun President Carter. The new line of Redfields are not the quality product made in Denver for 40 years.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #15

Liked 1302 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The orginal Redfield Scopes were made in Denver. Redfield was owned by the Brown Shoe Company. It was latter sold to Talon Zipper Co. It was a victim of the Labor Unions and EPA under anti-gun President Carter. The new line of Redfields are not the quality product made in Denver for 40 years.
Same as the old El Paso Weavers. Those were some great scopes!
North American Hunting Club