Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Redfield Revolution vs. Revenge: Where Are They Made?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Redfield Revolution vs. Revenge: Where Are They Made?

Hey folks,
I ordered a Redfield Revenge 2-7x34 today and I was doing a little research. I was under the impression that the Redfield scopes were made in the US. I saw a couple of quick reviews online (they're scarce on the Redfield optics) and people were complaining about the Revenge scopes being made in the Philippines. On the Redfield site they point out that the Revolutions scopes are made in Oregon, but they don't make mention of the origin of manufacture of the Revenge series.

The scope I purchased was a few bucks less than the Revolution variation of the same scope (2-7x33) so I'm assuming the difference in price is from the difference in country of origin.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm not a stickler for "Made in USA" stuff or whatever. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any insight as to whether or not there was a difference between the Revolution and Revenge line.

Also, if anyone has any insight on the Redfield stuff, I would love to hear your thoughts on them. Good or bad. I found some really positive reviews on their optics online, but there weren't many.

Thanks so much!
Matthew

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1146 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Everything I find using Google indicates the Revenge is made in the Philippines.

Redfield guarantees both the Revenge and Revolution for life.

If you are a satisfied customer, then you are good to go.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #3

Liked 476 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 227

I own many Redfields, though they are the older ones. I'm very happy that they brought them back again and feel confident you'll love yours when you mount it on your rifle. It doesn't matter where it's made if care is taken with it's production. I love all of mine and I'm sure you'll love yours. Best of luck with it.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Everything I find using Google indicates the Revenge is made in the Philippines.

Redfield guarantees both the Revenge and Revolution for life.

If you are a satisfied customer, then you are good to go.
Thanks! That's what I was getting as well. I was just curious because a couple of reviews I read said things along the lines of, "I bought this and found it was made in the Philippines, NOT in the USA. I will be sending it back." People are acting as if they've been tricked into buying an American made product that was then swapped out with something made elsewhere.

The price of the optic I bought was $139, the same scope in the Revolution lineup was $189. That's a 30% difference in price so clearly there's something going on. I'm hoping that the difference is because the Revenge is made outside of the US and not because it's made to lesser quality with inferior components.

I'll post a range report when I get it.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 11-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
I own many Redfields, though they are the older ones. I'm very happy that they brought them back again and feel confident you'll love yours when you mount it on your rifle. It doesn't matter where it's made if care is taken with it's production. I love all of mine and I'm sure you'll love yours. Best of luck with it.
Thank you sir!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

The new Redfields are made by Leupold. I have sold several of them and my customers are very satisfied.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
The new Redfields are made by Leupold. I have sold several of them and my customers are very satisfied.
This just keeps getting better...

Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5074 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 4238

There are a few scopes assembled in the U.S. from foreign, mainly Japanese and Chinese lenses and parts. AFAIK, there are NO quality scopes made entirely in the U.S. of U.S. parts.

So "made in U.S." is pretty much a moot point for scopes.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
There are a few scopes assembled in the U.S. from foreign, mainly Japanese and Chinese lenses and parts. AFAIK, there are NO quality scopes made entirely in the U.S. of U.S. parts.

So "made in U.S." is pretty much a moot point for scopes.
I just pictured a really long sticker that says, "Assembled in the USA Using Parts from Vietnam, China, Japan, Singapore and Korea."

LOL!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #10

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

All optics manufactures use various sources for their glass. They don't look at region they look at quality of the glass and what impurities it has. If Leupold and Stiner both like the quality of glass that say a manufacture in Japan is producing they will order from them. If the next batch isn't so good and the manufacture from South Africa has the best at that time they will order from there.

Preimer Reticles are made in the USA I don't know where they get their glass though.