Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Redfield 4-12x40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Redfield 4-12x40

I am getting a Redfield 4-12x40 for Xmas and I am wondering if anyone knows of any lens shades that will fit. I've hear leupold's may fit, but don't want to buy one just to see. Anyone with similar problems? Appreciate any info!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtshooter
I am getting a Redfield 4-12x40 for Xmas and I am wondering if anyone knows of any lens shades that will fit. I've hear leupold's may fit, but don't want to buy one just to see. Anyone with similar problems? Appreciate any info!
Got one of the new redfields in 4x12 it dosent accept sunshades none of the redfields do at least the new ones dont

Old 12-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Got one of the new redfields in 4x12 it dosent accept sunshades none of the redfields do at least the new ones dont
Well I was wrong went an looked, it is threaded, un screwed my lens cover on my leupold vx3 , an it did screw right into the redfield so yep they do fit

Old 12-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #4

Ha!!! You're the man!!! It's mostly for cosmetics. I just think they look good. Not sure how it's going to look on my bolt action, but I guess we'll see. If it doesn't look too great it'll just have to go on the up and coming AR! Thanks a lot Mullie I appreciate the help!

Old 12-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:

Well I was wrong went an looked, it is threaded, un screwed my lens cover on my leupold vx3 , an it did screw right into the redfield so yep they do fit
What size do you have? And does it still allow enough light in to view the target well?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Supporting Member

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Mulie,

I have a question for you! I have had Redfields in the past and they are nice scopes. The only thing I did not like about the one I had was the elevation and windage turrets were "Friction" rather than the traditional solid Click adjustments like the Leupolds. Do the newer Redfield you own have friction or solid 1/4 click adjustments. The question just crossed my mind since I prefer the solid click type adjustments myself since you do not have to be standing over the turrets viewing the lines of adjustment?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Mulie,

I have a question for you! I have had Redfields in the past and they are nice scopes. The only thing I did not like about the one I had was the elevation and windage turrets were "Friction" rather than the traditional solid Click adjustments like the Leupolds. Do the newer Redfield you own have friction or solid 1/4 click adjustments. The question just crossed my mind since I prefer the solid click type adjustments myself since you do not have to be standing over the turrets viewing the lines of adjustment?

I get my scope tomorrow and I'll be able to tell you for sure. I have an older 4x Redfield and it somewhat clicks, but I did a little research on your question and it says the new revolutions do click. I will tell you for sure after I unwrap it. Lol (sad I know all my gifts) lmao

Old 12-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtshooter

I get my scope tomorrow and I'll be able to tell you for sure. I have an older 4x Redfield and it somewhat clicks, but I did a little research on your question and it says the new revolutions do click. I will tell you for sure after I unwrap it. Lol (sad I know all my gifts) lmao
The have click adjusts

Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #9

Quote:

The have click adjusts
They sure do! Got mine today. Looks great. I can't wait to slap it on the rifle and shoot these zombie targets I got for the holidays. Lol!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #10

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Mulie,

Older VX II AND III are friction as well.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?