Red Dot query.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Red Dot query.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2733 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Default Red Dot query.

I'm looking to install a reflex style red dot sight on my S&W 627. I was wanting to buy a decent quality item without breaking the bank.
I don't need the one that the SEAL teams use. I'm not tactical, it doesn't need to be either. EOTechs are pretty snazzy, but a bit rich for my blood. I just want something that's going to hold up to a .357 magnum that is unlikely to be submerged.
I was looking at a Burris FastFire II. It appears to be a decent compromise. Opinions? Alternatives? I'd like to stay in the $225ish and under range, if realistic.
Note: I have found a Weigand base. Any opinions? I presume that as long as it fits properly, it should be fine. If I'm wrong please let me know.
My only Red Dot experience up to this point is a BSA I picked for $45 on clearance, it's doing well on my MK3. For the S&W I think a bit more investment is appropriate.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2011, 05:41 AM   #2

Default Red Dot Sights to consider

Seems like an EoTech sight would be too bulky for a pistol anyway. I would look at the Trijicon RMR (which are pretty expensive!), the Aimpoint T-1 / H-1, or like you mentioned the Burris Fast Fire.

You can see a review of the Burris versus the RMR here for rifles:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre?feature=mhsn#p/search/7/O5lZilgIwm0
I like the Burris FastFire, I think it is a pretty nice sight for its pricepoint!

Good Luck with your search.
http://www.ShoalsTactical.com

Last edited by ShoalsTacticaldotcom; 06-07-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2733 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Good to hear. I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 06-07-2011 at 01:57 PM.