Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Red Dot Optic sight for M4?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Red Dot Optic sight for M4?

Looking to upgrade my sights on my M4 Carbine.........Any recommendations on a good quailty Optic? Thanks, W.T.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wornouttrails View Post
Looking to upgrade my sights on my M4 Carbine.........Any recommendations on a good quailty Optic? Thanks, W.T.
I don't know what your budget is, but I'm selling my Red Dot Sight Tactical M4 Barska 1x30mm IR Optic. It's made for the M4 rifle. It's quite nice and not expensive.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f41/barska-electro-sight-red-dot-optic-26105/

Red Dot Sight Tactical M4 Barska 1x30mm IR Optic : Scopes at GunBroker.com

Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, it depends...What's the optic going to be used for, close range or medium to long range? Do you want any magnification? Red-dot type or crosshair type?
Most importantly is what is your price range?

If you've got the money you could always go with a good ACOG or a Jpoint or the bundle of the two from JP Enterprises, of course that's the high end stuff for competition. Check out OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:02 AM   #4

Like ARnoob said, I don't know what your funds are, but the Aimpoint H-1 is great. It is light and very quick on aquiring the target. This also depends on what range you will be using it for, but you can always add a magnifier.

jpaletta@stonecobratactical.com

"Train like your life depends on it"

Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So far, I'm digging my EOTech 512. I may see about adding a magnifier to it at a later date.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #6

That's a good way to go also! I think it is a toss up between them both. I run an aimpoint on my personal AR and a eotech on my SWAT rifle. I like both,, but was really impressed with the H-1 Aimpoint.

jpaletta@stonecobratactical.com

"Train like your life depends on it"

Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #7

Default Thanks for your insight on my m4 sight delima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCobra View Post
That's a good way to go also! I think it is a toss up between them both. I run an aimpoint on my personal AR and a eotech on my SWAT rifle. I like both,, but was really impressed with the H-1 Aimpoint.
I am leaning toward an H-1 Aimpoint for my M-4! (The 517 Eotech may also find its way on the shorty) ..................Thanks, W.T.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wornouttrails View Post
I am leaning toward an H-1 Aimpoint for my M-4! (The 517 Eotech may also find its way on the shorty) ..................Thanks, W.T.
I'm a Tactical Gear Retailer. The Aimpoint Micro H-1 is definitely a good choice.

When you pick up the H-1, you'll have to decide if you want to mount it directly on the rail, or on a raised mount. The H-1 is a small sight and the red dot will be approximately 1/2 and inch above the rail surface.

If you'd like the dot higher than that, there is a Larue Quick Disconnect mount that will raise it another 1/2 an inch.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. We have a lot of experience with the Aimpoint line.

Have a good day!

Matt

Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILWAR View Post
I'm a Tactical Gear Retailer. The Aimpoint Micro H-1 is definitely a good choice.

When you pick up the H-1, you'll have to decide if you want to mount it directly on the rail, or on a raised mount. The H-1 is a small sight and the red dot will be approximately 1/2 and inch above the rail surface.

If you'd like the dot higher than that, there is a Larue Quick Disconnect mount that will raise it another 1/2 an inch.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. We have a lot of experience with the Aimpoint line.

Have a good day!

Matt
MILWAR welcome to the FTF forum!

Maybe you can stop by the INTRODUCTIONS section of the forum and tell us a little about yourself...and your TG site.

You may be able to drum up some business and returning customers here, if you become a Vendor...with the usual * cough, cough * FTF forum member discounts!

Please contact Administration if you would be interested in becoming a Vendor here.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #10

Wow, didn't know it was that affordable. I saw the outrageous monthly fee that another "popular" forum wanted me to pay to be a "member" and decided to go in stealth on all the forums.

I got the subscription, thanks for the heads up!

Ok, I'm legit now.....lol

Matt