? re: Optics options on .44 Mag
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

? re: Optics options on .44 Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Default ? re: Optics options on .44 Mag

I picked up a 7 1/2" barreled Ruger Redhawk last year. I put a Leupold 2x M8 scope on it to try as I've never had a scope on a handgun before. I'm not sure I like it as much as I had hoped. I'm thinking of trying a red dot sight as an alternative but, I don't know anything about them. Does anyone make a decent, inexpensive red dot that could serve as a trial run?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1530 Times on 874 Posts
Likes Given: 707

You have to get used to shooting with a scope on a handgun,and you need to be repetitive or your shots will not group well. I had a scope on my 44 for a long time,and it worked well with lots of practice.
Red dot sights work well,but most of the cheap ones won't hold up to the recoil of the 44 mag.They won't hold a zero,and you always have to readjust it after you shoot the weapon a few times.

With any type of optics,You get what you pay for!
North American Hunting Club