question about spotting scopes
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > question about spotting scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default question about spotting scopes

Default question about spotting scopes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, I just recently purchased a rifle and am joining a club that has matches. I'm disabled and have saved to buy a spotting scope. Unfortantly my budget is topped at $50.00. I realize that doesn't buy what most have but that's my limit, so what can anyone recommend? I've looked on ebay and Midwest usa. I'm assuming that a 60 is better but i'm clueless. hope you can advise, ty Bob

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 927

I don't thing you will get much for your $50 in a spotting scope.
When I, and my eyes, were MUCH younger I used some inexpensive SS and got by with them. I now have a Nikon which is about a $400 scope and I can 'get by' with it. I have sold several Redfield SS recently and they were VERY well liked by my customers but they are in the $200-$250 price range.
To answer your question, Tasco as some in the $100 range. Other than looking for a used one I can't give you any other suggestions.
Welcome to the forum!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!