Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Pulsar Digisight N550 Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pulsar Digisight N550 Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope

I am interested in buying a Pulsar Digisight N550 Digital Night Vision Rifle Scope.
The majority of the reviews that I have read about this night vision scope are good but I have yet to hear about how well the N550 night scope works in the cold.

I would like to hear from anyone that has the N550 and has used it in the cold.
I would like to know at what temperature that the N550 stops working or does the N550 remain operational below zero temperatures.

The specs list the operating temperature range from 14 to 95 degrees F.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5307 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska454 View Post
I would like to know at what temperature that the N550 stops working or does the N550 remain operational below zero temperatures.

The specs list the operating temperature range from 14 to 95 degrees F.
i would say that it would stop working at 13 degrees and below and from 96 degrees on up.

thats an aweful narrow range of working temps. in places where it doesnt get below 14 it often gets above 95 and vice versa. dont forget that sunlight will often heat objects well above ambient temps. so if your planning on using it only at nite on nice days it might work well. just depends on intended use

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Take a look at an ATN Aries MK 350 Guardian Riflescope, Temp ranges from -40 to 104 degrees. Could be an option.