Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Prickly gun shop salesmen (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/prickly-gun-shop-salesmen-48028/)

LittleJohn 09-09-2011 06:12 PM

Prickly gun shop salesmen

I went into the store told them I'm a first time rifle owner and needed a kit to clean my gun. When I asked if he could show me how to clean it he just made a face and said there are instructions on the kit! Hah! Nothin on the kit helped me. Lol I muddled threw it and cleaned it. What is with these guys ?? They can't help a fellow gun owner or what!?! I just simply forgotten how to take the bolt out... I am very carful with my firearm and never have it loaded. Sheesh!! Why are they so prickly!?

Glasshartt 09-09-2011 06:23 PM

Was it a mom & pop or a big chain?

orangello 09-09-2011 06:29 PM

You might check Youtube for disassembly vids, if you had much trouble. It has helped me out.

willshoum 09-09-2011 06:42 PM

New world order......

Way back when, people had hands on experiece. Don't look for it in todays made in china's Stores.......all these people do is run cash registers, and they have a hard time doing this. You get what you pay for, in most cases...:)

LittleJohn 09-09-2011 08:29 PM

It was the store with the shooting range dont think it is a big chain. Looked like mom and pop but I could be wrong.

LittleJohn 09-09-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum
Way back when, people had hands on experiece. Don't look for it in todays made in china's Stores.......all these people do is run cash registers, and they have a hard time doing this. You get what you pay for, in most cases...:)

I know that to be true! I worked a camera store and I sold the most out of all the salesmen because I was good resource on cameras and what they could do and such. Hard to find these days!

winds-of-change 09-09-2011 08:38 PM

I feel for you, Little John. As a person who needs some guidance when it comes to my guns, I know how frustrating it can be. Orangello is right, I've gotten through some 'experiences' with some great sights on the web. I have also found people here on this forum to be wonderful resources not only of information themselves, but they sure can point you in the right direction to find the information you need on the web.

Good luck to you.

partdeux 09-10-2011 12:02 AM

Most of the shops seem to be double top secret clubs, and you're an outsider.

Txhillbilly 09-10-2011 01:37 AM

LittleJohn,I work part-time at a friends gun shop so I know first hand about dealing with people that are unfamiliar with firearms.

There's no excuse for the person giving you that kind of response,but who knows if he had a bad time with several previous customers before you arrived.He might have just reacted in a negative way from dealing with a total jackass before you.
I have done the same thing after having a customer that knew nothing about the gun they were interested in buying call me a liar to my face,and telling me,that I didn't know a damn thing about guns.

Don't let the persons negativity towards you ruin your gun shop dealings,sometimes people don't say or do the right things because others have already pissed them off.