Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Paint front blade sight on a winchester 94AE ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Right right. Im going with the fool proof williams peep. But so far I can only find red for the front sight . it comes as a set . from midway for 71 bucks

That being said the scope is fairly comfortable. The eye relief sucks but thats just the scope.
Problem w poor eye relief is the idiot cut. 30-30's kick more than you'd think - especially from a bench.

Once sighted in you can run drills. I used to set up tgts at 50 n 100 yds. The goal is to keep the gun moving and work the action.

A friend uses a Henry 22 to practice on for those western shoots. They can get really creative w Evil Roy's, coyote steel, and bowling pins. Wish I had tuned Winchester 73. ( Note: western shoots have all manner of rules on sights)

Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #32

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Problem w poor eye relief is the idiot cut. 30-30's kick more than you'd think - especially from a bench.

Once sighted in you can run drills. I used to set up tgts at 50 n 100 yds. The goal is to keep the gun moving and work the action.

A friend uses a Henry 22 to practice on for those western shoots. They can get really creative w Evil Roy's, coyote steel, and bowling pins. Wish I had tuned Winchester 73. ( Note: western shoots have all manner of rules on sights)
I put a couple through her. Meh , I felt it but wasn't impressed with all the " watchout it'll kick like a mule " talk right before . I didn't find it moved around all that much if you had a solid purchase as well as a firm plant on your shoulder. I'd say the idiot cut is probably an accurate description lol I couldn't see anyone but the truly inexperienced getting whacked by that rifle.

Now bench shooting ? That's a different story . I have little experience shooting anything from a bench . I like to be standing when I shoot.

That being said I'm just waiting for a few bucks and the scope is outta there. If the foolproof is as good as I hear I think I'll be very happy with it. My only concern is the FO front sight taking up too much of the peep sight picture.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

The bench is really an art form. I remember my Col. saying if done right, the rifle comes straight back and the shooter takes all the beating. That was before the before the days of lead sleds.

We used to train for 3 positions (prone, kneeling, offhand) but to be honest, once sighted in - shoot however your going to in the field. (shooting sticks, bipod etc.)

Actually some good YouTube videos on accuracy & shooting positions.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #34

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
The bench is really an art form. I remember my Col. saying if done right, the rifle comes straight back and the shooter takes all the beating. That was before the before the days of lead sleds.

We used to train for 3 positions (prone, kneeling, offhand) but to be honest, once sighted in - shoot however your going to in the field. (shooting sticks, bipod etc.)

Actually some good YouTube videos on accuracy & shooting positions.
Im just some mope civi lol I've never fired prone or any ah that . lol

And I agree youtube is wonderful. Everytime I get a new gun I'm not familiar with I immediately goto youtube find the takedown video and learn to break it down till i can do it with eyes closed.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin