Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Ospery for an AR A2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ospery for an AR A2

Hay guys new here, see alot of talk about AR scopes. I have a A2 and want to put a Compact Tac scope on it. I would like to maybe shoot yots or farrel hogs with it. Iv looked at a ton of scopes. I would like to stay between $100.00 and $200.00 on the price. Iv checked NC Star one form on that said the lenses were plastic and other will fall apart on my A2. So im looking at the Osprey compact 3x9x42. It comes in three redicles standard crosshair or Mil Dot or Rangefinder. Have any of you guys used or had any exprience with with Osprey?? Or which of the redicles would be best ?? Thanks Pat C

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Welcome to the FTF, when you get a minute head over to the intro section and let us know a bit about you. There is a lot of knowledgeable people around here that will help you with just about anything.

I just put the compact 3-9x42 mil-dot on one of my AR's. I went with the mil-dot because I thought the rangefinder reticle cluttered up the view, and I don't take long shots.

The first time I used the scope, it was way off and sighting it in was a pain. Once sighted in, I've fired in the area of 500 rds. including some mag dumps, and it's holding fine.

I'm thinking about putting it on a riser so i can put a folding BUIS, but that isn't a given yet.

All in all for the price, I'm happy with it so far. There will be some to say that for another c note I could have got this one or I could have that one, but I did what I did within a budget I had set.

Saying that if you can go to $200, there are better scopes in that price range but difficult to find one as compact as the Osprey. cpttango on this forum is quite the scope guy, hopefully he will see this post and give you some other options.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Last edited by Car54; 07-16-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #3

Car54 Thanks for the imput. I get the feeling that were all pretty much of the same mind set mindset here when it comes to this administration!! I like your pic pretty much covers it!! Pat C.