Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Ordered my new scope (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/ordered-my-new-scope-86691/)

stag556 03-16-2013 07:42 PM

Ordered my new scope

As the tittle states I finally saved up and bought my scope. I have shot my ar 15 for a year now and resisted the urge to get a scope that would not fit my needs. I decided on the Leupold VX-6 1-6x24 Rifle Scope Illuminated FireDot Duplex. Many thanks to everyone who discuses scopes and there experiences with them. Although I do not participate in many discussions (still learning the AR world) I have read many threads on scopes and to get the best scope you can afford, even if it takes longer than you want to wait to get it.

I am now off to figure out what type of ADM mount would work with my scope and my AR 15. I have a Stag model 2 with Midwest industries rear flip up sight. There's so many options luckily I live close to ADM MI and Bravo so I can pop in and ask questions. ;)

Gatoragn 03-16-2013 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think ya dun good. I hope you enjoy your Leupold as much as I enjoy using mine.

Either the mount below or a Burris PEPR.

Mark 2 IMS 1″ Integral Mounting System

The Leupold Integral Mounting Systems (IMS) family quickly and easily eliminates the two most common issues faced when mounting standard riflescopes to AR-style rifles; scope height and eye relief. From the Mark 1™ to the Mark 4, each aluminum IMS cantilever design mounts directly to the firearm’s Mil-Spec 1913/Picatinny to raise the scope and push it forward, eliminating the need for risers or specialized optics with shortened eye relief. All Leupold IMS products are tested to endure the rigors of the field and are covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.
MODEL OPTIONS Starting prices are USA only, and are our Suggested Retail Price.

Matte =
$152.00
Product #110290
DOWNLOADS

2012 Leupold Product Catalog
A downloadable version of our 2012 catalog. Containing information on our product offerings within the Hunting & Shooting sports and Observation markets.
2013 Tactical Catalog

stag556 03-17-2013 11:47 PM

Can anyone who has a A2 front site comment on the size of the punch needed to remove the pins and maybe a good quality punch set. I am planning on using possibly one of the sight mounts listed in this thread or a ADM mount, so I would need to remove the front A2 sight that came on my gun.

Gatoragn 03-18-2013 12:06 AM

3/16 or so to get the pins to move, then 1/8 or so to push it through. Just buy a good quality punch set, somewhere between $10 & $20.

stag556 03-18-2013 12:24 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I have been reading the different threads on line looks like its going to be a fun challenge.

JonM 03-18-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stag556 (Post 1178214)
As the tittle states I finally saved up and bought my scope. I have shot my ar 15 for a year now and resisted the urge to get a scope that would not fit my needs. I decided on the Leupold VX-6 1-6x24 Rifle Scope Illuminated FireDot Duplex. Many thanks to everyone who discuses scopes and there experiences with them. Although I do not participate in many discussions (still learning the AR world) I have read many threads on scopes and to get the best scope you can afford, even if it takes longer than you want to wait to get it.

I am now off to figure out what type of ADM mount would work with my scope and my AR 15. I have a Stag model 2 with Midwest industries rear flip up sight. There's so many options luckily I live close to ADM MI and Bravo so I can pop in and ask questions. ;)

MI stocks a lot of the adm lineup. wise choice in mounts i switched from larue to adm much better product. if you head over there they are sure to help ya out and if they dont have the exact mount they can get it in a day or two in most cases.

stag556 03-18-2013 01:23 AM

Hey thanks Jon I have tried to do a lot of research on the scope mounts and actually read some of your comments in other threads about ADM mounts that helped me to make up my mind to go with ADM, plus the fact that I have done all my business locally with MI and ADM is a Wisconsin company. I believe the owner of MI is part owner of ADM.

stag556 04-03-2013 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well finally got my scope mounted. Went with the ADM scout mount, and added a low profile Midwest bius. Big thanks to Pete at Midwest Industries spent an hour going over and trying different combos, if that's not customer service I don't know what is.

Attachment 94373