Optics for Remington 870 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Optics for Remington 870

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hey there 2nd Amendment Freedom, I just came aboard from Boomhower, Texas, posting first time right here, with you. I've heard about Illionois, and here's my thought. What if.............. you got a 2nd bbl for your 870, a rifled bbl. Then, install some quality laser, something preferably not too bulky and cumbersome. I don't know much about them, but there is one offered thru Cheaper than Dirt that replaces the tube magazine cap. You know, something simple yet rugged/reliable. Then, I'd consider Ghost Ring/Tritium sights. Put a 12ga laser boresighter slug in the chamber, adjust the Ghost Ring to match, then the laser. Now, you can get a good sight picture, and if necessary turn on the laser too, but here's the thing: you could crouch behind a car wheel/engine compartment, or large tree, or ?, and you wouldn't even have to look thru the sights, just hold the muzzle so it clears said car or tree without exposing you. You'd have options that way, and that rifled bbl with some accurate sabots would send a message to those Illionois Idiots who legislate whatever got you to this point. Beware, the man from Illionois who has but one gun. He just might have an extra bbl. Oh, you could still go with an E-otec if you like. The Marines are using 'em. What do ya think?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4860 Times on 2423 Posts
Likes Given: 1188

Save the money you'd spend on a sight. Use it to buy enough gas to leave Illinois. Not joking.
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.