Optics for Remington 870
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Optics for Remington 870

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Optics for Remington 870

Hey all,
Unfortunately living in Chicago I don't have fancy AR15 to accessorize so in the meanwhile I want to spoil the closest thing I have to a rifle: my shotgun.

My shotgun already has a rail and I'd like to get it a high quality red dot. I was looking at Aimpoint and the EOTech 512 and 517 in particular, but a lot of people are saying the EOTech sits way too high compared to the stock. I want to be able to rest my cheek on the stock and not hold my head up and end up with the red dot sight built into my eye while shooting.

I bet some of you already went through all this and found a working combination. Realistically I don't really want to spend more than $500 on this but if you have, don't hesitate to show me what you got!

PS: I'm not really interested in buying a new stock with an adjustable cheek riser or even a simple cheek riser, I want a sight that just plainly works with the factory gun.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentFreedom; 09-10-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #2

Come on, anyone? People really keep their 870 stock lol?

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 09-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I hear vortex makes good shotgun optics.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #4

I'm going to check them out, do you use optics on your shotgun (judging from your signature lol) ?

Old 09-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No I don't. I have a nearly stock Mossberg 500

Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #6

Alright, unfortunately vortex seems to only make scopes and I'm looking for holo sights. It might sound a bit mall ninja but considering that I can't own any rifle where I live right now, 1oz 1600FPS slugs are all I got. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting an EOTech has they have the best prices compared to other name brands, I'm trying to find which one sits the lowest on the rail (or maybe they all sit at the same height ?).

Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Eotech sights are all pretty close to the same height and width.

2ndAmendmentFreedom Likes This 
Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1982 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Aimpoint Micro T1 and Vortex Sparc are available with low mounts. I use a Busnell TRS25 but I dont know how it would hold up the the shotguns recoil.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

2ndAmendmentFreedom Likes This 
Old 09-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't recommend any sights right now. But I will be buying an optic for my 870 as well. If your anywhere near Indiana. I would suggest going to blythes in Griffith

Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5729 Times on 3242 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Anything by EOTech or Aimpoint will serve you well.

Winston Churchill