Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Optics for my 223/5.56

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockmania
Looking for an optic. Don't have to much to spend. Looking for more of a cqb scope saw a few. From nikkon n barska. Plus some more but don't want nothing to bulky. But wanna beable to get some range. Any comments would be well appreciated. Thx

Here's two I've been looking at
http://m.opticsplanet.com/nikon-p-223-3x32-bdc-carbine-rifle-scope.html

http://www.shopbarska.com/Sniper_Scopes-3-9x42_IR_2nd_Generation_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska.html

Here's one more I like cause I could use laser on my glock for ****s n giggles or for night for home defense w light n laser. N the scope is small but don't know the quality. Any help ???

http://www.shopbarska.com/Tactical_Combos-4x30_IR_Sight_w_Green_Laser_210_Lumen_Flashlight.h tml
Dont cheap out on your optics, thats tge best info anyone can give you. Go with a aimpoint pro right now there are specials cause all companies are going to switch to green reticles soon. you can get one for around $350 if you plug in promo codes. Or if your wanting a more open optic go with eotech. Theres a special right now on primary arms where you get a free magnifier with purchase of an eotech. You can get it for aeound the same. I own both and love them. Eotechs are great for shotguns and aimpoint are great for rifles but both will get the job done

Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockmania View Post
Yeah. I've been hearing great thing about the nikkon. But I got a ? for u bout the magnification It's fixed? So one constant range
correct. the one you linked is set at 3x. nikon also makes a larger one that is 3x9x40. either one should be good.

im using a nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on my wifes AR. it looks and works great. i love it.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Thanks everyone. I checked out all my options and I always wanted the eotech didn't want to spend that much but wtf only live once so thanks sig for the info on primary arms. I found same eotechs for cheaper but still need a mag and it all equals out.

Think about going with the xps2-0 but do you know anything bout the xps3 with nv. Do you need an additional optic to co-adhere with that or is it all built in and don't need anything else to have the nv

Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

The only thing is there's no free shipping. So might wait till tomorrow to see if I can get that waived. If not might go to sportoptics for eotech

Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockmania
Thanks everyone. I checked out all my options and I always wanted the eotech didn't want to spend that much but wtf only live once so thanks sig for the info on primary arms. I found same eotechs for cheaper but still need a mag and it all equals out.

Think about going with the xps2-0 but do you know anything bout the xps3 with nv. Do you need an additional optic to co-adhere with that or is it all built in and don't need anything else to have the nv
It doesnt have night vision built in it. Its nv calable...meaning you can where nv goggles and look thru it witbout being blinded. So if your not planning on droping $1500 on nv goggles its really a waiste of money. The xps are very good i got the xps zs for my saiga and is perfect for my needs of my shotgun. I highly recommend the aimpoint pro. Like i said u can get them for $350 and tgey can be dropped and thrown and wont break or lose zero

Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #16

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Alil out of my price range. Do know anything about barska
I would caution you in the same way I was cautioned. Barska is a Chinese company. Nothing good ever came out of China.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #17

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:

You won't regret the EOtech, I can vouch for that. I got an EXPS2-0 with a 3x LER zoom...I can't imagine now ever going with anything else

Zoomed v.s. Unzoomed in first 2 pictures, third picture is a basic view w/o a zoom...sorry for the ****ty quality, im going to try adn get nicer pictures in the daylight...where people can't see my messy living room...
unzoomed.jpg   zoomed.jpg   regular.jpg  
Zoey Likes This 
Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

You won't regret the EOtech, I can vouch for that. I got an EXPS2-0 with a 3x LER zoom...I can't imagine now ever going with anything else

Zoomed v.s. Unzoomed in first 2 pictures, third picture is a basic view w/o a zoom...sorry for the ****ty quality, im going to try adn get nicer pictures in the daylight...where people can't see my messy living room...
I love mine as well
Old 09-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #19

I just ordered the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 w/ mil-mil from Midway on sale $199 &free shipping. It will be going on a new Savage MKII TRR-SR 22LR.
I also run a Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50 FFP 1/4 MOA & Illuminated reticle on a Savage FCP-SR ( .308 ) I must say that Vortex is incredible for the money ($950)
The Bushnell Elite 3200 was from Midway on sale $199 w/free shipping.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega
I just ordered the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 w/ mil-mil from Midway on sale $199 &free shipping. It will be going on a new Savage MKII TRR-SR 22LR.
I also run a Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50 FFP 1/4 MOA & Illuminated reticle on a Savage FCP-SR ( .308 ) I must say that Vortex is incredible for the money ($950)
The Bushnell Elite 3200 was from Midway on sale $199 w/free shipping.
Also check out sigsauers micro reddot looks just like aimppint t1 micro dot and runs around $200. Hell sig makes good guns pretty surr theyre optics are just ad good