Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Opinion on Vortex Strikefire (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/opinion-vortex-strikefire-85473/)

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-01-2013 12:54 AM

Opinion on Vortex Strikefire

I was wondering what you guys thought of the Vortex Strike-fire. I just picked one up, want to put on my girls AR. Still in the box have not put it on yet. I can still sell it if needed.

sdiver35 03-01-2013 01:22 AM

I had one and it is a nice starter optic. My buddy has one and when I shoot his rifle I kinda miss mine.

ccrow175 03-01-2013 01:25 AM

I use the sparc, and don't regret it what so ever. I've been thinking about purchasing the strikefire to put on another project. Interested in seeing what people have to say about it.

GonzoLonzo 03-01-2013 01:30 AM

I've had mine on one of my AR's for a little over three years. I've put thousands of rounds through it and dropped it a couple of times and I have had no issues with it.

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-01-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccrow175
I use the sparc, and don't regret it what so ever. I've been thinking about purchasing the strikefire to put on another project. Interested in seeing what people have to say about it.

I'm curious too. I know people only praise Eotech, and Aimpoint, but just wondering about how it's working out for people. Seems like a good quality optic.

duddie10 03-01-2013 03:10 AM

I was a bit skeptical when i saw it. Picked it up about 5 months ago. Nothing bad to say about it not for that price any way. Put about 500 rds thru the gun and no rezeroing needed. Its kinda hard to get a tight group at 100yds. Hay for 160 yah cant beat it. And if u do kill it at least is wasent an aimpoint or eotech. Oh and the best thing about it is the dust cover are so g.d. Tight its almost imposiable to get them to close right. Def not a complaint i love it.

JonM 03-01-2013 03:35 AM

For the price its a good optic. Ive had mine on a 458winchester magnum. Rugged little bugger.

Only two negatives is its scope body blocks a little more of the view than i prefer and under really bright conditions they dot can be a little hard to pick up. Setting it to green helps with the brightness issue.

ccrow175 03-01-2013 03:56 AM

I do have to say though that if it does take a dump on ya, vortex will make it right. Their warranty can't be beat. I personally don't think eotechs and aimpoints are worth what the price tag reflects.

JonM 03-01-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccrow175 (Post 1158661)
I do have to say though that if it does take a dump on ya, vortex will make it right. Their warranty can't be beat. I personally don't think eotechs and aimpoints are worth what the price tag reflects.

Eotechs arent but aimpoints are. My wife has one of aimpoints patrol rds and side by side between the vortex strikefire or sparc ( got one of each) its no contest. But the vortex rds arent in direct competition price wise

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-02-2013 01:16 AM

I just mounted it ,pretty light and perfect co-witness. Need to range test before I make an opinion.