Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Old WesternField 4x 1480 AENT Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Old WesternField 4x 1480 AENT Scope

Western Field 4x 1480 A.E.N.T. Scope

I've managed to acquire this older, but still in excellent shape low power scope for near nothing. Since it is from the 50's or 60's, there isn't a bunch of information online about this particular scope.

Is this scope suitable for a centerfire &/or shotgun application? I've got a couple of older guns that this scope would work well on and keep with the vintage look. I've tried looking around for images or references to this scope on the web and have gotten mixed results. A couple of misc. posts indicate that somebody seemed to have success with one mounted on a 336 30-30 which would point to it being able to take the higher recoil but they didnt mention the exact model of the western field scope being used though it was a 4x.

I'd hate to mount it to my old 30-30 only to find I destroy the optics with the first round of 170 grain I use to scope in with.

Thanks all

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Welcome aboard. Swing by our introductions thread and tell what makes you tick.

Can you post a pic of your scope? Most likely it was either a Weaver, Lyman, or Swift if it was from the 50'/60's. Any later and it might be an old Japanese Tasco.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #3

I'll get a couple of photos up tomorrow and hopefully we can track down the answer. If not, I'll be putting it on the 30-30 and finding out the hard way at the range next weekend.