Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Off Center Reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1474 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
No, I didnt have any issue with that. At low power It is fine and small, but I wouldnt say it washed out. And when you zoom in it was nice and solid. Pleasant to look at. When you turn the illumination on it was so bright that the color would look like it stained other parts of the glass is the best way I can describe it but to fix that you just turn the power down a notch or two. You shouldnt use it in daylight anyways in my opinion it was great on the low settings at night.
I agree with you that in daylight the colored reticle is a distraction. Was waiting to see if someone could explain the wandering crosshairs. Absent that, I can only say this us not normal in a centered-reticle scope. I have some experience with non centered reticles that can be zeroed in off center. It seems that the focal axis in your scope is not exactly parallel to the line of sight. You are correct to trust the focal axis, even when slightly off center. With X dialed up the lines converge and produce a normal sight picture. If you are an accuracy pragmatic like I am, you can live with it.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2370 Times on 1384 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I have the Trophy XLT 1-4x24 and it has been excellent. I wanted a simple reticle that would work with or without power and this works.
thanks for the recommendation! the only problem i see is that the XLT is almost 13" long. i had the millet dms which i liked, but it was just too long and big for what i wanted. i'm afraid the XLT might be the same issue.

i want the same thing you want.....just smaller....

i'm actually considering a weaver 1-3 which seems to fit the bill for me....no illumination, but measures in at 9" and has a basic reticle. the bushnell 1-4 (non illuninated) was great, but the reticle was a cluttered mess imo. and the illuminated seems it isn't going to be bright enough to do the job i want either. its a shame, cause both were pretty good glass fr the price.

what i want is simple. a compact(ish) low power varible scope that can be effectively used on 1X as "irons" and then the ability to magnify a bit. not as easy to find as it seems.