Off Center Reticle

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Off Center Reticle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Off Center Reticle

I recently bought a Bushnell AR Optics 1-4 straight tube with illuminated reticle.

Its a first focal place scope. So at 1 power, the reticle seems to be off the left. As you zoom with it the reticle grows and seems to move off to the right a little bit. Used a friends Leupold magnetic bore sighter and the reticle point of impact never changes. Its an accurate scope.

But its bother some to look at, and I dont know if its actually supposed to be like that or not.

Thanks for any help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Arizz,

Chances knows it is a very inexpensive scope and what you are seeing is some of the parallax. So if you move your eye while dialing or if the scope moves at all and you do not have a solid cheek weld that is what you are seeing. However as long as you get a perfect cheek weld when shooting your scope the reticle is stable and therefore eliminating most of the issues with the parallax making it fairly accurate when shooting. Hope that makes sense. Very high quality scopes which mostly are parallax free do not have that movement that is obviously noticeable. Hope this makes sense!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 12-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1685 Times on 1153 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Bushnell scopes have a lifetime warranty. Google Bushnell scope return to find out what you need to do to get a new scope. If the scope you have is truly defective. Personally, if a scope is sighting accurately I don't care about optical illusions.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-07-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

Sniper, thanks for the response and I do understand what you are saying but it isnt that cheap of a scope. Ive read great reviews on it and no one has ever mentioned it.

Found a brick and motar store with one in stock, went to check it out and the reticle alignment was perfect in it, so I sent mine back to opticsplanet for a new one.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2017 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

What distance are you looking at? As previously mentioned, it could be parallax and not being centered on the scope with your cheek weld. Prescription glasses can also cause that effect.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #6

Happens from inside a house to outside at several hundred yards. Its always like that

Old 12-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Call Bushnell and explain the problem. I had to return a scope once and they sent me a new better one. Quickly too.

Patron Member NRA

Old 12-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #8

Liked 2926 Times on 1741 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
I recently bought a Bushnell AR Optics 1-4 straight tube with illuminated reticle.

Its a first focal place scope. So at 1 power, the reticle seems to be off the left. As you zoom with it the reticle grows and seems to move off to the right a little bit. Used a friends Leupold magnetic bore sighter and the reticle point of impact never changes. Its an accurate scope.

But its bother some to look at, and I dont know if its actually supposed to be like that or not.

Thanks for any help
question: does your reticle "wash out" in bright daylight? I just got one and it has been overcast since I got it.....still doesn't look very bright at all.

thanks

Old 12-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #9

No, I didnt have any issue with that. At low power It is fine and small, but I wouldnt say it washed out. And when you zoom in it was nice and solid. Pleasant to look at. When you turn the illumination on it was so bright that the color would look like it stained other parts of the glass is the best way I can describe it but to fix that you just turn the power down a notch or two. You shouldnt use it in daylight anyways in my opinion it was great on the low settings at night.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have the Trophy XLT 1-4x24 and it has been excellent. I wanted a simple reticle that would work with or without power and this works.

Patron Member NRA

hawkguy Likes This