Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   NiteSiters (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/nitesiters-96677/)

jarhead0881 09-07-2013 06:19 AM

NiteSiters

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I just ordered a pack of NiteSiters from their website. They should be delivered any day now. Has anybody used these or have any experience with them? I figured for $12, if I don't like them, it would be no real loss. Any tips, tricks or info is appreciated.

OldEagleEars 09-17-2013 05:29 AM

Howdy, Jarhead; I have Nitesiters on three 1911's and a little-bitty S&W Bodyguard and I'm very satisfied. I did discover that the glue they include is very thin in viscosity which makes it easily seep under the edges and help hold the things on the sight blades. Without that step they can come off easily. I've used the strips on my front blades and the little dots on the rear sights of the the Bodyguard, the larger ones on two of the 1911's (the third already has dots on it's rear sight). I also got one of the little UV tac-lights to activate them and have found that five minutes at bedtime will last over half the night. My granddaughter gave me a little pen with a UV/LED and that works also. They say that laying them out in the sun all day will give them an all night charge but I don't like my guns laying around like that. They aren't as good as a set of Trijicons but they are buckets less expensive so I think they'll do for now.

jarhead0881 09-20-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldEagleEars
Howdy, Jarhead; I have Nitesiters on three 1911's and a little-bitty S&W Bodyguard and I'm very satisfied. I did discover that the glue they include is very thin in viscosity which makes it easily seep under the edges and help hold the things on the sight blades. Without that step they can come off easily. I've used the strips on my front blades and the little dots on the rear sights of the the Bodyguard, the larger ones on two of the 1911's (the third already has dots on it's rear sight). I also got one of the little UV tac-lights to activate them and have found that five minutes at bedtime will last over half the night. My granddaughter gave me a little pen with a UV/LED and that works also. They say that laying them out in the sun all day will give them an all night charge but I don't like my guns laying around like that. They aren't as good as a set of Trijicons but they are buckets less expensive so I think they'll do for now.

Yes sir. I'm with you. I realized the glue is there for a reason as well! I put them on without the glue and the front sight rubbed off in the holster. Lesson learned. I've got to try the sunlight thing though. I charged them with my UV light and was shocked how bright they are! I really like them. Until I can afford Trijicons, these will work fantastically. I've even considered putting one on my shotgun's bead. Thank you for your help!