Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Optics & Mounts (
-   -   Nikon vs leupold (

dreweB 10-03-2012 12:44 AM

Nikon vs leupold
Okay obviously Leupold is an amazing scope ... But what are you losing if you et any of the Nikon brands... For example i just ordered me a Nikon prostaff4-12x40, would have loved to get Leupold bit way to expensive for me

hardluk1 10-03-2012 12:50 AM

You have good solid hunting scope ordered. Till you get into leupolds higher dollar scopes it don't matter. the redfield revolution is also a great scope but see there prices is now going up after leupold introduces the china line to redfield. So did good.

TruggieTex 10-03-2012 12:53 AM

I needed a LER rifle scope and Nikon did not offer. Otherwise may not have paid for a Leupold...

dreweB 10-03-2012 12:53 AM

Yes I have a red field scope on my hunting gun now but I'm switching it with my new Nikon and putting the red field on my blackpowder gun

Sniper03 10-03-2012 12:58 AM

I am a Leupold guy generally! But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Nikon Scopes! I have a couple of them and they are nice units. Also clear!
I think you did well on your choice.:)

ninjatoth 10-03-2012 01:55 PM

My buddy went to buy a scope for his rem 700 and money was not an object,he bought the Nikkon prostaff instead of a Luepold because he said the Nikkon was clearer.

jjfuller1 10-03-2012 02:14 PM

i love the nikon 3x9. its very clear. holds zero. comes with warrenty andprice is fair. i cant see why you want want to spend more money on other brands untill you start hitting the high end stuff.. for a good scope at reasonable prices that will hold up to most condtions. nikon has it!

ChicagoJoe 10-03-2012 03:47 PM

Hardluk, Redfield is going to sell lower end scopes made in China? Their advertising has focused on the fact that Redfields are made in Leopold's Oregon plant. Say it isn't so!

I have a Redfield Revolution from their first year of production and it has served me well. It is a well made, clear scope without all the features.

hardluk1 10-03-2012 04:10 PM

Redfield has a new line of china scopes, revenge line . Thats what I refered too above but there revultion line is made here. Same ole sales pitch as others promoting made in usa and then go to china-revenge line that allready sell for as much as the revolutions did.

Chainfire 10-03-2012 09:36 PM

I have had a Nikon Buckmaster on my .06 for about four years. It has taken a licking and keeps on ticking.

My .06 is a really nice rifle, and I sometimes would like to have a higher-end scope, but my rifle skills really don't justify a better scope. Minute of buck at 200 yards is all the scope I need.