Nikon scopes for M1A - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Nikon scopes for M1A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperchris View Post
oh right, the ad for the rifle said it has national match front sights. I must've misread it.
NM front sight is a thinner blade. Good sight.

Did you look into the new Weaver 3-10 Tactical with Mil knobs and Mil reticule? Midway has them on sale for $299 right now.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
NM front sight is a thinner blade. Good sight.

Did you look into the new Weaver 3-10 Tactical with Mil knobs and Mil reticule? Midway has them on sale for $299 right now.
I do like the Mil reticule it has. However, I for one wasn't a sniper and switched around from a m68 (aimpoint red dot) to a 4x ACOG to a EOtech. Would this scope be preferred over the Nikon Team Primos?

Also how effective are the BDC dots that scopes seem to have? I usually tried to use Kentucky windage back in the service and seemed to succeed at it.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #23

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperchris View Post
I do like the Mil reticule it has. However, I for one wasn't a sniper and switched around from a m68 (aimpoint red dot) to a 4x ACOG to a EOtech. Would this scope be preferred over the Nikon Team Primos?

Also how effective are the BDC dots that scopes seem to have? I usually tried to use Kentucky windage back in the service and seemed to succeed at it.
Personal choice. Once you wring out your rifle, you may see the benefits of the Mil/Mil FFP scope. BDC scopes should be tuned to the rifle and ammo used to be most effective. Learning to use the Mil/Mil FFP is easy-ish.

You learn your come-ups and keep a log. It will allow you to have a running history of past shots, and slowly you "absorb" and create a muscle memory in your mind. Just takes some practice. Windage is a whole other animal.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."