Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Nikon P223

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts

Default Nikon P223

Just bought a scope for my AR on Tuesday. Nikon P223 I was looking to buy a mount online and realized that I missed a promotion that Nikon was having by 2 days which was buy a P223 scope and get free mounts. $50 value at least.
So today I called Nikon to see if they could give me a break and include me in their promo and they said it was extended till the 7th. So I'm glad I called. If any of you are looking at this scope, make sure to take advantage, even if the dealer isn't participating in the promo. Give Nikon a call and ask about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 832 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 68

You will like that scope. I have one and love it.

Name:  image-2282704910.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  22.3 KB

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 241 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Bought the same scope. Waiting on the mount to come in. Had to take a raincheck. It seems like a good size for my AR and the glass is really clear.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #4

Likes Given: 1

How is the eye relief on that scope?

Erik

A weapons ban only keeps guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Evil doers will always find a weapon.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #5

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I did the same promotion through optics planet. But the mounts are back ordered for like 3 months. It actually kind of pissed me off. Why offer something for free when you don't have it. That's like selling me an incredibly fast car but saying I need to wait three months for the brakes to come in!

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #6

Liked 73 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWhytHype
I did the same promotion through optics planet. But the mounts are back ordered for like 3 months. It actually kind of pissed me off. Why offer something for free when you don't have it. That's like selling me an incredibly fast car but saying I need to wait three months for the brakes to come in!
3 months? They didn't tell me how long it would take.
I guess I can't bitch if I want to save some coin.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #7

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Optics planet did the same thing to me 3 weeks ago. Showed scope in stock with free rings and no mention of rings being on back order. When I saw what had shipped I sent a email and a screen shot of the page with the whole order showing a status of shipped. I got a snippy email back. Never again will I order from a rip off no customer service like them again. I am a customer service manager and I would fire my people in a second if they pulled something like that. Optics Planet = rip off.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 138 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 85

They did the same to me on a spotting scope, got a email stating that the item will ship in 1-3 days, and so far nothing.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECPunk View Post
How is the eye relief on that scope?
Eye relief is very generous as it should be on a rifle of this platform. Gives you usability on collapsible stock setups like mine. I have mine on the p series mounts and it gives perfect cheek weld/sight picture. It took almost 3 months for the scope and 5 months for the mounts.

I ordered from DirectBuy although I havve the same experience with OpticsPlanet as others have stated. I have come to realize that phone orders are the only way to go with Opticsplanet as their online inventory is not accurate by any means whatsoever.

It also appears that Nikon is having trouble keeping up with demand. I however finally have mine setup the way I have always wanted.

FN upper 1:9 twist YHM forearm, LMT flash suppresor, Double Star forged lower, NC Star green laser w/remote push to activate, Mako bipod foregrip and the optics are as stated above. I am very happy with my rifle.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Lookin good!!