Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Nikon P223 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/nikon-p223-88216/)

fordracing 04-05-2013 03:01 AM

Nikon P223

Just bought a scope for my AR on Tuesday. Nikon P223 I was looking to buy a mount online and realized that I missed a promotion that Nikon was having by 2 days which was buy a P223 scope and get free mounts. $50 value at least.
So today I called Nikon to see if they could give me a break and include me in their promo and they said it was extended till the 7th. So I'm glad I called. If any of you are looking at this scope, make sure to take advantage, even if the dealer isn't participating in the promo. Give Nikon a call and ask about it.

TexasGunner 04-05-2013 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You will like that scope. I have one and love it.

Attachment 94590

aandabooks 04-05-2013 01:14 PM

Bought the same scope. Waiting on the mount to come in. Had to take a raincheck. It seems like a good size for my AR and the glass is really clear.

ECPunk 04-05-2013 05:10 PM

How is the eye relief on that scope?

GrtWhytHype 04-05-2013 06:58 PM

I did the same promotion through optics planet. But the mounts are back ordered for like 3 months. It actually kind of pissed me off. Why offer something for free when you don't have it. That's like selling me an incredibly fast car but saying I need to wait three months for the brakes to come in!

fordracing 04-05-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrtWhytHype
I did the same promotion through optics planet. But the mounts are back ordered for like 3 months. It actually kind of pissed me off. Why offer something for free when you don't have it. That's like selling me an incredibly fast car but saying I need to wait three months for the brakes to come in!

3 months? They didn't tell me how long it would take.
I guess I can't bitch if I want to save some coin.

drew661 04-05-2013 09:51 PM

Optics planet did the same thing to me 3 weeks ago. Showed scope in stock with free rings and no mention of rings being on back order. When I saw what had shipped I sent a email and a screen shot of the page with the whole order showing a status of shipped. I got a snippy email back. Never again will I order from a rip off no customer service like them again. I am a customer service manager and I would fire my people in a second if they pulled something like that. Optics Planet = rip off.

stag556 04-06-2013 04:13 PM

They did the same to me on a spotting scope, got a email stating that the item will ship in 1-3 days, and so far nothing.

InDefenseofLiberty 04-06-2013 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ECPunk (Post 1204169)
How is the eye relief on that scope?

Eye relief is very generous as it should be on a rifle of this platform. Gives you usability on collapsible stock setups like mine. I have mine on the p series mounts and it gives perfect cheek weld/sight picture. It took almost 3 months for the scope and 5 months for the mounts.

I ordered from DirectBuy although I havve the same experience with OpticsPlanet as others have stated. I have come to realize that phone orders are the only way to go with Opticsplanet as their online inventory is not accurate by any means whatsoever.

It also appears that Nikon is having trouble keeping up with demand. I however finally have mine setup the way I have always wanted.

FN upper 1:9 twist YHM forearm, LMT flash suppresor, Double Star forged lower, NC Star green laser w/remote push to activate, Mako bipod foregrip and the optics are as stated above. I am very happy with my rifle.:)

greenhornet-1 04-08-2013 05:58 AM

Lookin good!!