Nikon P-223 P-Series Rifle Scope 3X 32 BDC - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Nikon P-223 P-Series Rifle Scope 3X 32 BDC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6783 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmranch View Post
I have considered it, but if I did I would like to get the aimpoint magnifier and not some imposter but I cannot justify the cost of a 3X @ 500 bucks. I take my AR with me in the tractor for yotes and sometimes they are too far out for a red dot....The only thing I dont like about the Nikon is the mounting system, looking for a quick detach system. Guess I will check with Larue...

Thanks
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

i just got done getting rid of my larue mounts they dig into your rails something fierce!! over time from mounting dismounting i dont see how its not going to ruin a rail nd lose zero.

ive been using adm mounts. they hold zero and return to zero just fine and are made in wisconsin!!
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/browse/category/mounts/

this is the adm mounting system it clamps very securely to the rail without any slicing blade type business. it can be easily adjusted for tension without tools

the larue as you can see uses a blade to cam into the rail. it requires a tool to adjust and can and does loosen on mount dismount cycles

this is wear has started on my bcm rail from less than ten cycles of mount dismount. i am very anal about properly torquing and adjusting things and folowed larues instructions.

larue is also something of a scumbag that blames the user for damages never the crappy larue designs...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/browse/category/mounts/

this is the adm mounting system it clamps very securely to the rail without any slicing blade type business. it can be easily adjusted for tension without tools

the larue as you can see uses a blade to cam into the rail. it requires a tool to adjust and can and does loosen on mount dismount cycles

this is wear has started on my bcm rail from less than ten cycles of mount dismount. i am very anal about properly torquing and adjusting things and folowed larues instructions.

larue is also something of a scumbag that blames the user for damages never the crappy larue designs...
Thanks for the heads up,never heard or seen this before, always thought they sold and backed a top notch product but it looks like I will go another route. I will check out adm.

"One shot one kill"

Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

i did too till i got a little quality time with their acog rco mount. ive got one other of their mounts that if i dismount it its getting replaced and sold on ebay or something. i bought it solely based on their reputation. i wish i had of done more research before placing an order as im not the only person who is not happy with the damage larue mounts do to their firearms.

i think its more hype than anything. they make a supposedly great rifle so i bought into the larue hype about their mounts. im sure at some point in the past they did offer the best product out there but thats not true today.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Scott and Capt. are right on with their comment's about Nikon's BDC Reticle and Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. We all know not every scope fit's every person. I'm not trying to push you into something you don't want or won't like, but at least take a look at the BDC Reticle and Spot On. I find the BDC reticle draws your eye to the circle and you just need to know how far you are shooting. While I have only looked the P-223 3X over and never fired a round under one, I know a number of guy's who hog hunt down here in Tx. using one and a budy who is a cop in NY has started using one in 3-gun matches. He was using the M-223 1-4 Point Blank Reticle. I have the P-223 3-9 on my LMT 5.56, love it! I'll have some pics of it soon for you guy's I hope. I've taken a lot of mil only guy's shooting and now many of them own BDC reticle scopes, it works, plain and simple. I just harvested a doe in KS at 586 yards because of what Spot On and my BDC gave me. Of course I've practiced 100's of rounds at that distance as well. RPM, I agree, I have been pushing for Nikon to produce a QD mount as well, nothing in the works as far as I know, you definitely won't go wrong with the Larue QD AR Mount. As always, drop me a note with any question's.