Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Nikon Monarch 3-12x42

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Nikon Monarch 3-12x42

I bought a Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 (BDC) scope today, kinda spur of the moment. By that I just mean that I didn't do tons of research before the purchase. I'll admit I don't know a lot about scopes, I've mainly shot with iron sites. I've never used any scope with BDC either. I'm just curious what you guys think of this scope, did I get one that will work out for me in the long run?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy
I bought a Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 (BDC) scope today, kinda spur of the moment. By that I just mean that I didn't do tons of research before the purchase. I'll admit I don't know a lot about scopes, I've mainly shot with iron sites. I've never used any scope with BDC either. I'm just curious what you guys think of this scope, did I get one that will work out for me in the long run?
Some love the nikons some hate them, im no fan of nikon the coatings pick up to much trash light an are too dark for dusk an dawn, yes its a good scope should last u along time, but in no way do I feel they are great scopes. This is just mho tho. Scopes are like cars, ford dodge chevy what u like dosent mean someone else will