Nikon Coyote 4.5-14x40
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Nikon Coyote 4.5-14x40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Nikon Coyote 4.5-14x40

Im looking to get one of these scopes for my new Savage Predator Hunter Rifle in 204 Ruger. I've read nothing but good reviews but was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with either this particular scope or the Nikon line in general. I can get the scope landed in Oz with matching rings for about $500AUD. Will the BDC reticle work for a .204 do you think? The rifle will mainly be for calling foxes, medium-range plinking at bunnies and spotlighting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have several Nikons on my rifles and they perform very well. Nikon is my new "go to" scope when on a budget and I can't afford Leupold VX3. The Nikons I have perform much better than their price would indicate.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #3

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I have several Nikons on my rifles and they perform very well. Nikon is my new "go to" scope when on a budget and I can't afford Leupold VX3. The Nikons I have perform much better than their price would indicate.
Thanks I think that this'll be the scope that ends up on the rifle.. Savage do sell the rifle in a package deal but then it only comes with a blind mag instead of a detachable mag. I'd imagine this is to keep the price low, but DBMs just work better for me especially when spotlighting when I can have another full magazine in my jacket pocket. Cold hands do not make for fast reloads!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #4

post how it works I was thinking of putting 1 on my mini 14 cf

Old 07-29-2010, 12:27 AM   #5

Default Nikon Coyote..you looking for one ?

I have one on my Marlin XLC with camo crosslock rings. It is complete with box all papers and objective no glare insert. It's an excellent scope for varmints or big game. I have no idea what you budget is in US dollars. Let me know at email BMI1960@aol.com

see below:

Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Im looking to get one of these scopes for my new Savage Predator Hunter Rifle in 204 Ruger. I've read nothing but good reviews but was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with either this particular scope or the Nikon line in general. I can get the scope landed in Oz with matching rings for about $500AUD. Will the BDC reticle work for a .204 do you think? The rifle will mainly be for calling foxes, medium-range plinking at bunnies and spotlighting.
I have a Nikon Prostaff with the BDC reticle on an AR. I hunt hogs and coyotes with it. My only issue with the BDC reticle is it's a little thick and tends to cover up the target at 300-400 yds. Good scope though.