Nikon buckmaster 4.5-14 mil dot - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Nikon buckmaster 4.5-14 mil dot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt
Since you work a lot with optics how are the buckmasters compared with prostaff. I'm wantin a 4-12 prostaff on my 22wmr but I like the 3-9 buck BDC. My friend has a 3-9x40 BDC Buckmasters that i have shot with and to me the magnification isn't that great. The clarity is reticle I really like but I feel the magnification is lacking. What do you think? For ranges up to 130 on rabbits and squirrels to coyotes
I'm more of an open sights person. I'm just getting into scopes. For that distance 3-9 will
Be fine.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I'm more of an open sights person. I'm just getting into scopes. For that distance 3-9 will
Be fine.
Whatcha got? My fav is the Winchester mod 94 30-30
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #23

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHunt

Whatcha got? My fav is the Winchester mod 94 30-30
A few, mounting a Nikon prostaff 3-9 to a ruger American in .270 today.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Borntohunt, the difference is on the buckmasters line of nikon is fully multicoated glass where the prostaff is multicoated, if you know optics then u know what that means. But the vortex diamondback you so highly argue about, does show a lack of know how in optics. I have delt in optics longer than you have been alive an in no way does 6 an 2 or whatever you mean makes sense. The diamondback is the lower end vortex an has short eye relief the end. Take advice from those of us that have the experiance to share.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #25

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nateroftheriver View Post
Borntohunt, the difference is on the buckmasters line of nikon is fully multicoated glass where the prostaff is multicoated, if you know optics then u know what that means. But the vortex diamondback you so highly argue about, does show a lack of know how in optics. I have delt in optics longer than you have been alive an in no way does 6 an 2 or whatever you mean makes sense. The diamondback is the lower end vortex an has short eye relief the end. Take advice from those of us that have the experiance to share.
For me I get about 3.5 inches of good view. Not. 6. Inches. That eye relief suits me just fine. And yeah I ain't rich enough to enter into the viper line jack! I know quite a bit also but not the wisdom and experience you've acquired. I've been looking at the conquests and the elite 4200 w/ the famous Rainguard. The new PROSTAFF 5 riflescope features Fully Multi-coated lenses. In order to reduce light loss coating is applied for anti reflection allowing for more light to go through the lenses of the scope. The more lenses in a scope the more light is lost. The coating can even give a little color. The scope with fully multi-coated lenses means that all air to glass surfaces of each lens of the scope is coated with multiple layers of coating. Nikons claim 95% light admission through dusk and dawn along with other manufacturers.
3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The conquest line are a top notch mid level scope go for an dont look back , I have a
vortex viper on a ol 25/06 an its very good quality, very clear an I will rate it as good if not better than a conquest, or a swaro z3, im not a bushnell guy now nor ever. JACK