Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Nightforce NP-1RR or NP-R1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Nightforce NP-1RR or NP-R1?

Because of the reticle selection, I want a Nightforce 3.5-15X (<-leaning here) or 5.5-22X for my Rem 700 SPS Tactical so bad I can taste it! I bought the rifle a couple months ago to start building a decent 600+yard shooter (that's the range max in my area). I'm much better at ranging with MOA riticles than with any kind of Mil. Probably because MOA is based on simple 10 base math (100 actually). I am pretty sure I can pull off decent ranging with their NP-R1: This limited experience is based on a shooting similutar I run with MOA reticles. I can run mil systems with it too but I need a calculator to make 3.6 base math work. Anyway, onto my question. In my quest for the perfect MOA/MOA scope, this is the first reticle I was considering:

I see they have this reticle based on quick circle comparisons that you can use for quicker ranging (if you have a good idea of target size, which is critical to all manual ranging optics). This makes perfect sense to me but I've never used it. I've been really curious about the NP-1RR reticle that is based on these quick circles:

I would really appreciate any information with experience in these areas. i.e. please don't hijack my thread (please). I have physically never shot either scope (just simulator with MOA reticles), and I live nowhere close to an authorized Nightforce dealer, so I can't even look through them until they're bought.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

As much as I hate replying to my own thread, I guess its all a moot point now since I'm going Vortex PST with MOA and FFP... Oh well. Guess we'll have to wait awhile to hear about this stuff.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!