Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Nightforce (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/nightforce-87290/)

locutus 03-24-2013 03:23 PM

Nightforce

I've been considering a Nightforce 2.5-10X32.

I know their rep. But I'd like to hear from folks that have actually used them. Are they really as good as a Swarovski???

I have Swarovskis and they are a known quantity. Nightforce is somewhat less expensive and their reputation is great.

What say you??

Axxe55 03-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1188535)
I've been considering a Nightforce 2.5-10X32.

I know their rep. But I'd like to hear from folks that have actually used them. Are they really as good as a Swarovski???

I have Swarovskis and they are a known quantity. Nightforce is somewhat less expensive and their reputation is great.

What say you??

i have heard nothing but good things about them. given all the good reviews i have read and some of the members here that have them, i feel they would be good choice for a rifle i have planned to build. i'd really like to look at one in person before buying, but the closest dealer for them, was aver 150 miles from me. when i get closer to that point, it might be a good idea to drive that far and check them out in person before laying out over $1200 for a scope.

i have had a couple of Swarovskis in the past and next to the Shmidt and Bender were some of the greatest glass i ever owned. optical clarity was excellent. if Nightforce is as good, then they might be the choice i go with as well.

good luck Locotus.

locutus 03-24-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1188591)
i have heard nothing but good things about them. given all the good reviews i have read and some of the members here that have them, i feel they would be good choice for a rifle i have planned to build. i'd really like to look at one in person before buying, but the closest dealer for them, was aver 150 miles from me. when i get closer to that point, it might be a good idea to drive that far and check them out in person before laying out over $1200 for a scope.

i have had a couple of Swarovskis in the past and next to the Shmidt and Bender were some of the greatest glass i ever owned. optical clarity was excellent. if Nightforce is as good, then they might be the choice i go with as well.

good luck Locotus.

Thanks, Axxe. Like you, I've heard nothing bad and tons of good.:)

I guess I'll have to find a dealer, and actually put my grubby little paws on one.:D

Txhillbilly 03-25-2013 12:26 AM

Locutus,I'm saving my money right now so I can get the NSX 5.5-22x50 for the 6.5 Creedmoor I built. I really like Nightforce scopes,they are worth the money.
I've shot several guy's rifles with them,and they work really well. I like all of my Sightron SIII scopes,but have just gotta put a Nightforce on the Creedmoor.
The Swarovski PH that's on my 7mm-08 is a super scope,but I like the Sightrons better.

JonM 03-25-2013 01:33 AM

ive got two nightforce scopes. ive used swarovoski an schmittbender my pref is night force.

locutus 03-25-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1189214)
Locutus,I'm saving my money right now so I can get the NSX 5.5-22x50 for the 6.5 Creedmoor I built. I really like Nightforce scopes,they are worth the money.
I've shot several guy's rifles with them,and they work really well. I like all of my Sightron SIII scopes,but have just gotta put a Nightforce on the Creedmoor.
The Swarovski PH that's on my 7mm-08 is a super scope,but I like the Sightrons better.

Ya like Sightron better than Swarovski?? Wow! good to hear that. I've wondered about them. I guess I thought they were too inexpensive to be premium.. Mebbe so I was wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1189311)
ive got two nightforce scopes. ive used swarovoski an schmittbender my pref is night force.

Thanks, Jon. Personal experiences are always good to know.

Txhillbilly 03-25-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1189405)
Ya like Sightron better than Swarovski?? Wow! good to hear that. I've wondered about them. I guess I thought they were too inexpensive to be premium.. Mebbe so I was wrong.

Not that there's anything wrong with my Swaro,it is a better scope than the Sightron's hands down,but for target shooting or long range hunting,the Sightron SIII scopes are just better to use and don't give much up in the glass dept to the Swarovski. I have 5 of the 6-24x50 Sightron SIII scopes,and none have ever failed to do the job at any range to 1k yards.

TRAPPER1 04-01-2013 12:16 AM

Hi hear good things about nightforce scopes but i think that there glass is made in China .

Txhillbilly 04-01-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAPPER1 (Post 1198615)
Hi hear good things about nightforce scopes but i think that there glass is made in China .

I think you need to do a bit of research. Their lenses are made in Japan,and Japanese lenses are only bested by a couple German lens mfg's,mainly Schott.

Axxe55 04-01-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1198664)
I think you need to do a bit of research. Their lenses are made in Japan,and Japanese lenses are only bested by a couple German lens mfg's,mainly Schott.

Japanese made lenses are some of the best in the world. look at where most high end photography lenses are made. Japan. so if they can make some of the best camera lenses, then it's not a strech to think they can make some really good scope lenses.

and it really doesn't matter where they source their lenses from, Nightforce scopes are definately top notch and many people swear by them. they can the high prices they charge because their scopes are that good.