Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Night vision scope (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/night-vision-scope-76008/)

Ericreed22 11-09-2012 07:54 AM

Night vision scope
 
Hey guys. I'm trying to find a good night vision (Gen. 1) scope for Texas hogs. I had an ATM MK350 in the past, and I sold it. No matter what I did, it wouldn't hold a zero. I've heard all good things about the MK350 though. Did I just get a bad one? Any other suggestions for around $500?

locutus 11-09-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericreed22 (Post 1007548)
Hey guys. I'm trying to find a good night vision (Gen. 1) scope for Texas hogs. I had an ATM MK350 in the past, and I sold it. No matter what I did, it wouldn't hold a zero. I've heard all good things about the MK350 though. Did I just get a bad one? Any other suggestions for around $500?


You can get a "night vision scope(????)" for under $1000.

You can get a GOOD night vision scope (thermal imaging) for about $12,000.

MACV_SOG 11-09-2012 06:09 PM

The thermal scope is at the top of my wish list! But the evil issue of money pops up with a BIG red stop sign! I consider it a necessity but it's labeled a luxury. I can see this point. Just as I would love a new truck! Ain't gonna happen .

locutus 11-10-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACV_SOG (Post 1007963)
The thermal scope is at the top of my wish list! But the evil issue of money pops up with a BIG red stop sign! I consider it a necessity but it's labeled a luxury. I can see this point. Just as I would love a new truck! Ain't gonna happen .




Unfortunately, most of us fall into that category.:(

WestForkArmory 11-15-2012 04:58 PM

We have the Pulsar Digisights for $1350.00. They are very nice for the money and can be used day or night without the fear of damaging the unit with light exposure. http://www.westforkarmory.com/generation-digital-night-vision/58-pulsar-n550-digisight-night-vision-riflescope.html It is listed on the website. But if you send us a message on here we will give you a Firearmstalk $50.00 promocode to use towards your purchase.

MACV_SOG 11-18-2012 06:26 AM

You state if I e-mail you I'll receive a discount coupon .I never look a gifthorse though it truly be a great gesture to make the coupon enough to eliminate these transfer fees mentioned above. Unless they are of no concearn to the buyer?
How rugged are these scopes "truthfully",LOL. If properly mounted and I ran a box of 7.62s through my firearm would I feel sure I'm still zeroed ?

WestForkArmory 11-18-2012 02:01 PM

I'm confused on what your talking about in regards to transfer fees. We only charge transfer fees for firearms sent to us that were bought from another company and ours are some of the lowest fees around. Night vision doesn't require a transfer fee. As far the scope durability, they are very tough and will stand up to a 416. I've personally used a few digisights over the past couple of years and they work very well, even with no moon.

MACV_SOG 11-19-2012 12:18 PM

Transfer fees
 
GREAT!, But your e-mail did mention two transfer fees ? I really was confused since I knew only lowers need FFLs

Txhillbilly 11-23-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestForkArmory (Post 1015597)
We have the Pulsar Digisights for $1350.00. They are very nice for the money and can be used day or night without the fear of damaging the unit with light exposure. http://www.westforkarmory.com/generation-digital-night-vision/58-pulsar-n550-digisight-night-vision-riflescope.html It is listed on the website. But if you send us a message on here we will give you a Firearmstalk $50.00 promocode to use towards your purchase.

That's the exact unit that I've been looking at.
I'll be getting in touch with you in a couple months,after I pay a couple things off.

wildhunter 12-11-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericreed22 (Post 1007548)
Hey guys. I'm trying to find a good night vision (Gen. 1) scope for Texas hogs. I had an ATM MK350 in the past, and I sold it. No matter what I did, it wouldn't hold a zero. I've heard all good things about the MK350 though. Did I just get a bad one? Any other suggestions for around $500?

Hello there, at this price range you can only get Gen 1 scope which is not the best obviously, but it is usable for about 100-150 yards. You need to make sure there is some ambient light though like few stars in the sky at least. I was looking for the night vision scope myself just recently, and the guy at optics planet recommended the new brand called Armasight, they have a couple of models just under the $500, and he said they get good feedback. So I'm thinking about it now, and if I get one I'll get back with my comments on it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.