New Scope Question? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > New Scope Question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think we're doing pretty doggone good if this is the only disagreement we ever have. I'm just used to doing business through gunbroker, and absolutely hate to start all over learning who to trust doing business with on another site.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #12

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I think we're doing pretty doggone good if this is the only disagreement we ever have. I'm just used to doing business through gunbroker, and absolutely hate to start all over learning who to trust doing business with on another site.
Point taken, cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Hair View Post
Ive honestly never done the whole e-bay thing before! Have always been an in the garage or in the field guy... mostly probably cause our kids are 18,16 & 12... so Dad never got computer time till the older ones got lives (!just kidding!) and I finally have my own computer! Thats something I havent had in years! My own cp!...without a kid on one of the others until its late and Im too tired to get on.
I really appreciate all your help
Im going to check out the whole e-bay thing looks like there are lots of deals on there, so its pretty respectable I suppose as long as its been around
Here's the scope on my Zombie Slayer AK;

Not a bad scope (including rings) for ~$50.

cane

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 01-05-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 AM   #14

That is an awesome retro kit cane! Kudos... well done AK!

I am going to redo my 58' romanian sks its still original and am searching idears for how to do it. Saw a kit at local gun show sunday but it was just like my norinco sk and wanna do better.

Youre truly an inspiration!

I will check out that gunbroker site too.
Times are real tight with wife, kids and economy. I can only justify so much money! However, I dont drink or do drugs... so I need some sort of addiction I suppose! AHHHHHH hunting & guns best high in the world

Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Nothing personal, cane, but I hate to see Soviet Bloc weapons Tapco****ed. It just seems like decoration to me. I've qualified with most of the AK family and never saw a need for all of the plastic hoo-haws and widgets that the AR benefits from. The AR is an ergonomic nightmare, but the AK isn't too bad.

To each their own I guess.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #16

I like the fact that with the SKS I can do it up on my wife and kids budget! The same with the AK, I drool over AR's, but at this point just cant justify the money needed to do so, I have two SKS's and only $400 invested in both minus ammunition cost... of course my romy was a gift so...

Old 01-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #17

Quote:
That is an awesome retro kit cane! Kudos... well done AK!

I am going to redo my 58' romanian sks its still original and am searching idears for how to do it. Saw a kit at local gun show sunday but it was just like my norinco sk and wanna do better.

Youre truly an inspiration!

I will check out that gunbroker site too.
Times are real tight with wife, kids and economy. I can only justify so much money! However, I dont drink or do drugs... so I need some sort of addiction I suppose! AHHHHHH hunting & guns best high in the world
Thanks Cross Hair,
There's good news and bad news with respect to our addiction. The good news is its a positive vice, the bad news is that it's every bit as, if not more expensive than drugs.
I share your high!

cane

- orangello

Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Nothing personal, cane, but I hate to see Soviet Bloc weapons Tapco****ed. It just seems like decoration to me. I've qualified with most of the AK family and never saw a need for all of the plastic hoo-haws and widgets that the AR benefits from. The AR is an ergonomic nightmare, but the AK isn't too bad.

To each their own I guess.
matt g, No offense taken, as a matter of fact I agree with you. To bling out a running weapon is personal hubris and runs contrary to my engineering training; NEVER attempt a perceived improvement to a working assembly. (That's the blue-sky development department's job)

The AK in its original wooden furniture is the definition of simplicity and upping the common denominator only opens the door to created problems.

With that stated, I still put mag wheels on my car.

cane

Differential Analysis;
Strategic - A sucking chest wound takes you out of the invasion plan.
Tactical - A sucking chest wound takes you out of the defense plan.

- orangello

Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #19

Quote:
I like the fact that with the SKS I can do it up on my wife and kids budget! The same with the AK, I drool over AR's, but at this point just cant justify the money needed to do so, I have two SKS's and only $400 invested in both minus ammunition cost... of course my romy was a gift so...
Cross Hair, couldn't agree with you more!

My tricked out AK, which runs flawlessly, is a "FUN" gun to own. Deadly fun.

I was at an outdoor range between the holidays and next to me was a guy with an AR, not sure what mark but one of those evil black guns. We shot similar groups (real similar) and complemented each other on the target walk back.

During the 2 hours we shot together, six people stopped and asked me questions about my AK. No one stopped to talk to AR guy.

I do not need to be stroked to feel good about myself but when it happens, it confirms my purchase decisions.

Oh yea, my total outlay for my AK and all its 'mag wheels' is still less than the entry level AR dues.

cane

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer.

- orangello

Old 01-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #20

I agree totally Cane, I was talking to lots of vendors at gun show last weekend and ALOT kept bashing the SK & AK as soon as I would inquire about SK parts or add ons, saying once I got an AR I would realize what a spray and pray I had been shooting all these years... ?????

I dont brag to be marksman of the year or nothin' but I personally have knocked quite a few centers out of long range targets with the AK & SK both. Yes, I do like the AR series rifles and give great kudos to them, and will knowing me, someday own one. My Romy SKS was made in 1958 and I have never had a single problem with it and it shoots true as any gun I have ever owned.

I think in light of recent wars where untrained armies had fanatics running about firing randomly that the SK & AK got a bad repore. That was not the weapons fault, it was the untrained hands it was in (not saying that was a bad thing they were not trained in their weapon or soldiering skills ).

Anyway, not trying to get on soap box or nuthin'... Ive just always liked guns of all sorts, sizes, calibres & colors ever since I was a kid!

Last edited by Cross Hair; 01-07-2009 at 05:32 AM.