Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   New Optic for my AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/new-optic-my-ar-30328/)

Dzscubie 08-12-2010 03:59 AM

New Optic for my AR

5 Attachment(s)
I have been talking with Spitty on some new glass for his rifle and this is the new glass that my wife just got me. I donít know how good it is but Iíll be checking it out this weekend. I donít believe you need to spend $300 dollars for glass if youíre not looking for extreme accuracy.

This is a 2-6 X 28 IR VAR Triple OP scope from IJK Optics. It is shock proof, water proof, anti fog, nitrogen filled with a lifetime warranty. As I said I havenít shot it yet but will have a range report on it this weekend.

Here are some pictures:

M14sRock 08-12-2010 06:11 AM

Go shoot that thing and give us a range report.

Do the stadia lines have value? Are they calibrated for certain loads/ranges? Are they adjustable for POI?

Details, please.....

spittinfire 08-12-2010 10:41 AM

Does your AR use full moon clips?

Good looking set you got there. I love the recticle. I'm leaning more towards a long range eye piece myself but I'll hold my opinions until after I see a range report.

safedman 08-27-2010 05:34 PM

Nice scope

Is that the Mil Dot reticle that is good out 1200 yards?? I was loking at one last night with the same reticle. Looking forward to the report as I am looking for glass for my new Bushy

Dzscubie 08-27-2010 06:25 PM

Due to taking my son to college and work requirements I haven't been able to take this thing to the range yet. Hope to do it tomorrow.

lonyaeger 08-27-2010 06:47 PM

I'll tell ya, I saw it when Scubie passed through here last weekend, and it just FITS on that rifle!

cpttango30 08-27-2010 07:31 PM

Quick some one get a bucket of ice water and some Demallninjaing solution so we can rescue scubie....

Just effing with ya brother. Don't want to piss of the senior members anymore than they already are.

Looks like a right decent scope.

M14sRock 08-27-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 339532)
I'll tell ya, I saw it when Scubie passed through here last weekend, and it just FITS on that rifle!

So let me see if I got this straight.

Scubie brings the rifle to show to you at your place. Drives it all over the place. Plays with it. Caresses it. Diddles it.

But STILL hasn't fired it?! What?

Dzscubie 08-28-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 339726)
So let me see if I got this straight.

Scubie brings the rifle to show to you at your place. Drives it all over the place. Plays with it. Caresses it. Diddles it.

But STILL hasn't fired it?! What?

I was on my way home from geting my son into College and had to stop and see Lon's new place. Lon had to work and I had a 10 hour drive so no I did not have a chance to shoot it. :mad:

M14sRock 08-28-2010 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 339791)
I was on my way home from geting my son into College and had to stop and see Lon's new place. Lon had to work and I had a 10 hour drive so no I did not have a chance to shoot it. :mad:

Driving through Texas can't you just hang an AR out the window and rip off a few rounds anywhere you want?

I mean, if it is OK in California it MUST be OK in Texas......