New to AR15's/ruger556 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > New to AR15's/ruger556

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

The cheapest scope I would go with is the Bushnell Trophy XLT. An Elite would be better. Trophy XLT 1.5-6x44 is about $135 right now. Nikon has a similar model and good ratings for more money. I have been looking at the Leupold VXR series. 1.25-4x20 with firedot @ $440 which is not really an expensive scope. I have purchased cheap scopes and they usually fail. Dont hold zero wont return to zero or change impact when you change power. I had a Simmons fail on a 223 bolt and returned it. They sent me their top of the line scope as a replacement. It lasted less than 40 rounds on a 308 bolt. By the time you buy 1/2 dozen cheap scopes you have spent enough money to buy a decent one. I have cheaper scopes on my 22lr's and that is about all they are good for.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Last edited by JTJ; 10-13-2011 at 12:06 AM.