Need a scope! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Need a scope!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Man didn't take long for Optic snobbery to rear it's FUGLY head.

Weaver 44/40 4-12x44mm Good quality scopes. http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-40-44-4-12-x-44-ao-scope.html

Weaver is owned my MEAD who make microscopes and telescopes. They know optics and they make quality stuff.
I have no problem with your comment about scope snobs....agree with you.

Good recommendation for the Weaver 40/44 4-12x44. But posted earlier recommending the more costly Weaver 40/44 3.8-12x44 which Natchez has on sale for much less than one at Optics Planet.

About Meade owning Weaver, this was true for about a year or so. ATK sold Weaver to Meade, keeping the Nitrex and Intensity line of scopes. Year or so later, ATK will buy back Weaver from Meade and then discontinue their Nitrex and Intensity brands. Intensity line still exists as the Weaver 40/44s. The Nitrex were basically Weaver Grand and Super Slams. Meade got out of the rifle scope business, also selling Simmons to Bushnell. Seem to recall Meade owning another rifle scope brand and sold it too.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #22

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Even a great guitarist can make a crappy guitar 'sing'. And the spoiled teenager with all the best in gear can't make him great. So your observation of one guy in an F-match class is moot. Barska, and NCStar is still crap though
It is not just 1 person. I have seen plenty of people who shoot cheaper scopes and they can out shoot plenty of people. I am not even sure why you are sticking your nose in to this really. From your posts only about 2% are gun related.

It all goes to budget. My budget allows me to buy custom built guns using only the best actions, barrels, scopes and ammo. This man's allows for him to only spare $200 for a good scope. You can get a good scope for $200. No matter what you or any other optic snobs here say.

As for Barska and NCStar I didn't recommend one nor did anyone else really.

Same goes for calibers. Many here jump right to long belted mags with talking long range. 7mm mag, 300 win mag, 338 laupa (Yes I know this is not belted). I seen people shooting 243, 6mmxc, 6 dasher's at 1k yards and winning. In fact if you ask some of the guys on the US F-class team they would rather shoot a 6mm cartridge over a 308. I know this because I have shot with them.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Sooo what you are saying is only those who have hundreds if not thousands of posts on here about guns is the only ones who know anything? lol. You sure have a lot to learn in life.

Last edited by Anna_Purna; 05-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6624 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
It is not just 1 person. I have seen plenty of people who shoot cheaper scopes and they can out shoot plenty of people. I am not even sure why you are sticking your nose in to this really. From your posts only about 2% are gun related.

Ya know, if you want to disagree with a point someone makes that's fine. That's what forums are for.

But there is nothing gained by attacking the person. Leave that crap for the political forums. Please!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #25

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I didn't attack anyone. I merely pointed out a fact that I found, that is not attacking. Unless your a liberal then using facts and pointing out facts is racist and grounds for imprisonment. It was not even a discussion they were involved with. They just came in here to GANG up on someone.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #26

Liked 183 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 103

When a guy says he has 200 bucks to spend on a scope, why make a comment about how all of the scopes within that budget are crap? True they are not the best scopes but the parameters were set and unambiguous.

If you can find a Redfield Revolution around your budget, get one. I've had one for three years and it has not been treated very well...gets frozen, snowed/rained on, thumped a few trees on the trail and slid off the wheel well and thumped a rock. It's held the same zero since I bought it. As for the other scopes mentioned, I have no experience with them.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6624 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMormon View Post
When a guy says he has 200 bucks to spend on a scope, why make a comment about how all of the scopes within that budget are crap? I have no experience with them.
What's wrong with telling the truth??? I wish that when I was younger and inexperienced someone had given me that advice and saved me the money of buying crap and having to replace it.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #28

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
^^^ What Tex said!^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Never heard of them,and it has 1/8" moa clicks.
All signs of a cheaply made scope.

Personally,I will only buy proven brands/models of scopes. After 40+ years of shooting firearms,I have learned the hard way at a younger age about buying cheap or no name optics.
Your just wasting your money on them. Sure,they may work fine for a while,but almost all of them will fail at the most un-appropriate time.
So your saying that because it has 1/8 moa clicks that makes it not a quality optic ?

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Good night. Another thread devolves into bickering. Put your big boy pants on people and stop acting like Jr. High girls.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Closed Thread