need leapers help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > need leapers help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need leapers help

i have a break action .30-06 that i want to put better optics on

i have had 2 leapers 3-9x40 scopes (http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-...el-red-gr.html) on my .22 and way back when on airsoft gun i love these scopes and know that i want to put another one on my .30-06

however when i told my friends about this plan they grumbled about how leapers scopes cant take the signifigant recoil. leapers claims that the scope can take this recoil.

dose anybody have any experience with this or a simular leapers scope on a high recoil gun? i am open to other scopes with the same features for under $100

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 AM   #2

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Never have herd of leapers brand scopes, but if you mean Leupold scopes, I wouldn't go any less than their VX3. Have a VX3 on a 30-06 with no problems. Used to have a VXIII on a M1A and it survived many rounds as well. Never mind, missed your price point of less than $100.00 and a VX3 can't be had for that new.

Last edited by mrm14; 05-03-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #3

I would say that finding a scope that is going to be reliable for the recoil of a 30-06 is going to start at around $200. Something like a Nikon Prostaff or Leupold Rifleman these will hold up and if they dont they have a warrenty. You might get lucky with a cheaper scope but if your looking for a reliable option, fraid its gonna cost a little more. I will say that I had a simmons 44mag on my 30-06 for a while and it held up for the year or so that I had it on my rifle for the year or so that it was on there. I think I payed around $100 for it but that was 5 or 6 years ago dont know what there going for these days but I cant imagine they have gone up much.

Good luck

Old 05-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Leapers stuff is mostly for airsoft, and low recoiling guns.

Skip it for an '06.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Never have herd of leapers brand scopes,
Results for leapers - Sorted by Best Match, Riflescopes Category for Leapers Brand, on Page 1 (20 Items) - OpticsPlanet