Need help sizing lens covers...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Need help sizing lens covers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need help sizing lens covers...

Just purchased a Remington 700 ADL today with a Tasco 3-9x40 scope on it...I need to get lens covers for it because as of right now the glass is unprotected. Any help is appreciated.
Pic of the gun for reference...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #2

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You know your Objective Lens is 40MM that is the size of the front cover. Look up the scope and see what you Subjective is in MMs. Looks like a 35MM.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
You know your Objective Lens is 40MM that is the size of the front cover. Look up the scope and see what you Subjective is in MMs. Looks like a 35MM.
Thanks for the suggestion, will do.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #4

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I will say not every 40mm objective is the same size OD. your best bet is to take your rifle to your LGS and try the caps on.

Here is a link to butler Creek sizing guide. http://butlercreek.com/productsImages/charts/flip_scope_chart.html

Be careful and measure 3 or 4 times if you don't want to try them on. I have wasted a few bucks on shipping ordering the wrong caps.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #5

I did find when measuring last night that if you do the conversion from inches to MM that my objective lens is a bit bigger than 40mm...it actually came out to be just under 45mm. I think I'm just going to take it to the LGS where I bought it and try on some scope caps, which I should have thought about before I left. Also determined that I probably won't be able to use the flip ups because I don't think the bolt will clear it when it's cycled. So looks like I'll just be going with the snap on/offs.