Need guide rod laser insights...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Need guide rod laser insights...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Default Need guide rod laser insights...

I'm having trouble finding real world info on guide rod laser sights, does anyone use one and if so, a) is it reliable and easy to zero in? b) is it easy to install or do I need to have it done professionally? c) can I use it full time while I practice or should I switch it out and only use it for carry? d) which is best, green dot or red? I've been to the Crimson Trace site but I have a hard time believing they will be honest about the drawbacks of their product while they are trying to sell merchandise. I use a Glock 21 with the flashlight on the rail for home defense and it's perfect since it's not my primary carry weapon. I'm wanting to install the guide rod laser on my Walther pps .40 cal which is my primary carry, but I don't like the bulk of attaching anything to the utility rail which brings me to the guide rod questions. Any and all opinions and answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The info I have picked up from others is that Crimson Trace laser grips are better than guide rod lasers. I've never tried either one.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 10-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

One of my officers has the guide rod laser in his Glock 22 and, as far as I know, has had zero problems wih it.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....