Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > NcStar scope question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default NcStar scope question

I put a NcStar scope (3x9) on my 22 cal Colt C 4 carry handle mount.....The Scope has a bullet drop compensator nob on top with a 1 to 5 click marking for .223 ammo..................If I zero the scope with the BDC set on 1 and never change the setting the scope should work ok, right??....I also wonder if I do change the BDC setting, how much will it affect the reticle and the placement of the 22 cal rounds.

001-400x207-.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1087 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan01 View Post
I put a NcStar scope (3x9) on my 22 cal Colt C 4 carry handle mount.....The Scope has a bullet drop compensator nob on top with a 1 to 5 click marking for .223 ammo..................If I zero the scope with the BDC set on 1 and never change the setting the scope should work ok, right??....I also wonder if I do change the BDC setting, how much will it affect the reticle and the placement of the 22 cal rounds.
The Scope has a bullet drop compensator nob on top with a 1 to 5 click marking for .223 ammo
the scope will work fine, and hold a zero. but the BDC aspects will not match up. they may or may not be close you will have to play with it. but being on top of the rail ,and calibrated for the larger more powerful round. im fairly certain if you change the setting it will greatly affect where the POI is. however leaving the setting alone should keep the zero just fine..

you might get lucky and find a combo that works. for instance. setting 4 may work for 100 yrds. but the only way to know that is to shoot and practice.

as far as using each setting the way its intended. chances are slightly none to none.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

Liked 1111 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

you might get lucky and find a combo that works. for instance. setting 4 may work for 100 yrds. but the only way to know that is to shoot and practice.

Yup and write them down for each click so you know and wont have to go back and do it again , for instance zeroed at 25 yards . 4 clicks 1/2" high @ 25 , back up until it hits back in the bull and measure it off . its going to be a PITA but it will be worth it to know for later use

Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Thank you for your replies......I was thinking pretty much the same..Thanks again..

Dan