NcStar 4x22 question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > NcStar 4x22 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Default NcStar 4x22 question

I just purchased a NcStar 4x22 colt knock off for my Pac West arms AR. I had a rail mount with a 4x32 on it that worked fine but I wanted to make the foot print of the rifle a bit smaller. This seemed like a good way to go.

I took the gun to the range and at 50 yards I was hitting about where I wanted on a target. Ran it out to 100 yds and it was not on target and hitting high. The first thing is that the adjustments are not clicks, they are just screws that do not click when turned so its difficult to know exactly how much you are adjusting.

After 100 rds I am not hitting well at all. Groups seem to be about 5 to 6 inches or more and do not seem to adjust well. I have read many reviews of this gun and its hard to find a bad one. Did I get a bad one or is there something I am not taking into account? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Doubt it's the gun, most likely the scope. NcStar reviews are all over the place with many being negative...

Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Thanks, Optic planet said they would send a voucher to send it back for a refund for free. I love the scope size, but I guess I will put back on my tasco.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've had troubled in the past keeping ncstar stuff zeroed. It's been a while since I've had one though other than a red dot that I got once or a rifle for free. It seemed to sit still so maybe it was a problem with older stuff.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson