Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   mount issues (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/mount-issues-59432/)

1407dakota 03-04-2012 09:10 PM

mount issues

I just put an egw 20moa rail on my stavens 200 22-250 with burris tactical rings but nothing lines up. Using a millett 6-25x56 and i use up almost all the right windage just to bore sight. Rather frustrated. Going to flip the rings around and hope that helps. Hoping someone on here can give me advice. First post on here so please be gentle.

Muliemaster 03-07-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1407dakota
I just put an egw 20moa rail on my stavens 200 22-250 with burris tactical rings but nothing lines up. Using a millett 6-25x56 and i use up almost all the right windage just to bore sight. Rather frustrated. Going to flip the rings around and hope that helps. Hoping someone on here can give me advice. First post on here so please be gentle.

First off its a 22-250 no need for a 20moa rail to begin with second why use tactical rings its not a long range caliber so go get a set of burris std bases an burris zee rings an then go enjoy it, if u want longrange then go to a bigger caliber.

Muliemaster 03-07-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Also u might have a crooked base it might not be square to the rifle, but I really think u are on the far side of over kill on rings an bases for a 22-250, if u want just take off the 20moa base an install a good 2 pc burris base that should get u back to square then re bore sight it. Thats mho tho no need for all the hype on a 22/250, good caliber heck yes, but u went to the bling side.

silverado113 03-07-2012 02:57 PM

Also, stop by the intro section and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Muliemaster 03-07-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Please note I dont mean to sound like a ja on the post I just gave mho on your set up

1407dakota 03-08-2012 04:48 PM

Overkill maybe. But does it ever look good. Long range well thats a personal quest. I have shot deer with it and the longest shot was 314 yards. Performance at that distance was amazing from a 65gr nosler partition. The gun shoots 5 shot groups at 100 yards that can be covered by a canadian nickle. I am going to play with how far the little 22 can shoot (on target) and the 20 moa rail gives me tons of elevation adjustment.

Muliemaster 03-08-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Overkill maybe. But does it ever look good. Long range well thats a personal quest. I have shot deer with it and the longest shot was 314 yards. Performance at that distance was amazing from a 65gr nosler partition. The gun shoots 5 shot groups at 100 yards that can be covered by a canadian nickle. I am going to play with how far the little 22 can shoot (on target) and the 20 moa rail gives me tons of elevation adjustment.

Where the heck are u hunting deer with a 22/250??? Im guessing thats a no no, it sure is here, also if u are shootin 5 shot groups like that well why are u thinkin something is wrong then leave it alone an shoot it

Muliemaster 03-08-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Also the long range quest is cool just dont shoot deer or other big game long range with it. U owe the critter the respect to a clean kill.

Marlinman 03-08-2012 05:27 PM

Its legal to use a 250 on deer in MO but you arevwasting your time hunting deer w one....more deer are crippled w one than clean killed. Drop that thing and find you a good marlin x7s in 243, 308, 7mm 08. Get rid of the moa rail and use normal one piece or two piece burris/weaver rail

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Muliemaster 03-08-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman
Its legal to use a 250 on deer in MO but you arevwasting your time hunting deer w one....more deer are crippled w one than clean killed. Drop that thing and find you a good marlin x7s in 243, 308, 7mm 08

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Its a big fine out west here in new mexico, colorado ect to use any center fire under 6mm for big game, get caught they take your gun, an fine ya perty good