Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Mosin Nagant 91/30 scope options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Mosin Nagant 91/30 scope options

Hi, I first want to say that I'm new to this forum and I hope to learn a lot from you guys. My dad recently got me a 1944 Tula 91/30 for Christmas. I originally wanted a sniper, but they are freaking expensive for a mosin. I'm looking around for some period correct scopes and mounts, like the pe or pu scopes. I'm only 15 years old so I don't have a lot of funds to work with. So is there any period correct scopes and mounts out there for under $300 bucks? I don't care if its a reproduction. I have a bent bolt handle body so I'm good with that. If staying under $300 means going modern or going with long eye relief, I'm willing to do that. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtycalpatriot View Post
Hi, I first want to say that I'm new to this forum and I hope to learn a lot from you guys. My dad recently got me a 1944 Tula 91/30 for Christmas. I originally wanted a sniper, but they are freaking expensive for a mosin. I'm looking around for some period correct scopes and mounts, like the pe or pu scopes. I'm only 15 years old so I don't have a lot of funds to work with. So is there any period correct scopes and mounts out there for under $300 bucks? I don't care if its a reproduction. I have a bent bolt handle body so I'm good with that. If staying under $300 means going modern or going with long eye relief, I'm willing to do that. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hey ull never find a scope mount and sight for under 300 sorry can I point out some thing since ur is nomal m91/30 putting scope on it would be bad the sniper rifle in ww2 where nomal m91/30 that could shoot above nomal if u want do it right way find a ex sniper or a real sniper. Or buy a one that has the scope one it all ready

Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7562 Times on 3294 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

You can find a scope/mount for under $300, but it will look different.

There are mounts that replace the rear sight, putting the scope well forward of the bolt (no need to change bolt handle). That DOES use a long eye relief scope. Some folks like them, some don't. It does make it very hard to whack yourself in the eye with the scope.

You can find the rail for about $12-$20. The scope will probably be a PISTOL scope (long distance between scope and eye)

Drive the 2 pins out that hold the rear sight in place. Use an aluminum or brass pin punch (after removing the upper wood) drive sight foward off the rifle. The rail mounts right over the dovetail for the rear sight.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #4

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

There is a mount called the brass stacker. It mounts on the rear sight block and allows you to attach a reflex sight of a pistol scope. If you're interested in it, go on youtube and search"nutnfancy brass stacker" you should find a good review on it.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I think he try make in to a sniper rifle and not the scout rifle format anyways nothing against at scope mount but they look kinda odd an ugly on the mosin nagnat

Last edited by brandonannette; 03-17-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #6

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonannette
I think he try make in to a sniper rifle and not the scout rifle format anyways nothing against at scope mount but they look kinda odd an ugly on the mosin nagnat
Yes, it is kind of ugly, but it costs 60 bucks, and one can find a pretty decent pistol scope for 240 or so.