Millet 1-4X24 DMS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Millet 1-4X24 DMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Millet 1-4X24 DMS

I recently purchased a Millet 1-4X24 DMS to put on my Ruger Scout. I cannot get the battery compartment on this scope to open. I've used a coin and cannot get it to turn. Am I doing something wrong? Really would like to get the illuminated optics working! Thanks everyone in advance for replying.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8877 Times on 3844 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Jessee- you SHOULD be able to hold the illumination knob, and turn the battery compartment cap with a coin. Right tighty, lefty loosey?

All else fails, call Millet. If you do not have the owner's guide, here it is-

http://www.millettsights.com/downloads/DMS_Manual_1LIM_WEB.pdf

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #3

I eventually got the compartment open. It took a pair of vice grips, channel locks, two people, a quarter and dings on the knob. I had to hold the knob with channel locks and hold a quarter with vice grips and have one person hold the channel locks and one person turn the cover. To think that a company thinks that it is alright to tighten this compartment so much that you can't get it open without using the strength of two men and tools is just ridiculous. I'm going to call Millet tomorrow and talk to them about this issue and hopefully they will send me a new battery compartment cover because mine has scuff marks and dings all in it from struggling. Also on a side note, the windage adjustment knob cover was bent when I received the scope. Millet should be using higher quality materials than what this scope is made of. Disappointed in this scope to say the least.