Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Mac 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mac 10

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/73497-1.html

If I were to buy a Mac 10, I'd want it to have a rail on top like this one. Has anyone ever handled a Mac like this? Can you still use the iron sights, or is the rail in the way?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2613 Times on 1374 Posts
Likes Given: 204

The MAC-10 was a simple, robust bullet hose. It was designed and built to throw a bunch of lead down rangein a very short period of time. They are not known for accuracy. Putting a scope/optic on one is closely akin to putting 20" wheels on a Yugo. It may look cool (to some idiot), but it will not improve the performance of the Yugo. If you want to spray bullets in the general direction of a target, the Mac will do it. It you want to actually hit the target most of the time, stay with another platform.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I would love a full-auto Mac-10, or two! No real purpose but to spray and pray at the zombie horad. Just a really high kewl facter.
My buddy has a Tec9. Hoot to shoot, can hit nothin.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #4

A friend of mine had that gun and was surprisingly accurate with it. Those Masterpiece pistols have a lot of options too. They do make one with a rail already on it
https://www.masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=31
It's more expensive but I think you would have to drill and tap a rail on the other one.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #5

The original Mac 10 was made by Cobray in Atlanta Ga.It fired on an open bolt . The BATF banned them from making anymore open bolts. Here is an original Cobray closed bolt.(9) They went out of business years ago. This gun is deadly in a rumble, but not a target gun. I guess Masterpiece started making them again. If you want this for target shooting, you had better be a crackerjack shooter for any distance over 20 yards.

012.jpg  

Last edited by chewchew; 02-29-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spell check

Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2010 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewchew View Post
The original Mac 10 was made by Cobray in Atlanta Ga.It fired on an open bolt . The BATF banned them from making anymore open bolts. Here is an original Coray closed bolt.(9) They went out of business years ago. This gun is deadly in a rumble, but not a target gun. I guess Masterpiece started making them again. If you want this for target shooting, you had better be a crackerjack shooter for any distance over 20 yards.
Why would the open-bolt feature get banned?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8449 Times on 3666 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Because the open bolt fires when it closes- and was considered "readily convertable" to full auto.

The original full auto MACs were great guns if going into a firefight in a bathroom or phone booth.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

The Lage Slow Fire upper for the M10/9 will turn those bullet hoses into useable SMG's. It reduces the rate of fire down to about 600 RPM.

I have one on my M11/9. First time users can pull singles with it. It's also quite accurate with a red dot optic, I can get better groups with it than my Glock 22. I call it my poor man's MP-5.

I also have the .22 conversion for it. I shoot it more than any other gun I have.

http://max-11.com/

Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, if anyone is still interested in the original topic of the thread, I got this response today from Masterpiece Arms:

"Thank you for contacting us! The iron sights on our MPA10SST and 1SST Series are fully usable in conjunction with the rail mounted to the top of the Upper Receiver. There is a radius channel milled into the rail in the middle to allow more of the front sight to be visible while using irons but also create a solid mounting surface for 1913 optics."