Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   M-14/M1a1 scope mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/m-14-m1a1-scope-mounts-9759/)

M14sRock 04-09-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLS (Post 266913)
So if I get the Basset "low". I can leave the rear sight attached, but just can't use it right? I was under the assumption that I had to physically "remove" the rear sight. Also how long, (inch wise), is the rail on the Basset low?

The sight stays in place under the mount. Remove the mount and use the sight.

I'm not sure how long the rail is. Specs might be on the BassetMachine website, though.

TLS 04-09-2010 03:45 AM

Thanks for all of your help. Hopefully I will have a mount and scope ordered by next week.

M14sRock 04-09-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLS (Post 267028)
Thanks for all of your help. Hopefully I will have a mount and scope ordered by next week.

Good luck. Remember to post some pics.

TLS 04-09-2010 05:22 AM

Yea that's easy for you to say. I am lucky just be able to type on this forum. I will try and get someone who knows what they are doing, and have them post the pics.
Thanks again for all of your help.

M14sRock 04-09-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLS (Post 267080)
Yea that's easy for you to say. I am lucky just be able to type on this forum. I will try and get someone who knows what they are doing, and have them post the pics.
Thanks again for all of your help.

If I can do it, anyone can. Start with a Photobucket account.

TLS 04-12-2010 10:12 PM

Hey M14sRock.

I think I have decided to go with the Sadlak "package" deal. Mount, scope, and rings. Mike Sadlak suggested that I would need a "cheek pad" in order to see through the scope easier. For the scope, I chose the "Millett, 4-16x50 TRS-1 Tactical 30mm. The rings are Leupold, and the mount is the steel model. Just thought I would run this by you and get your opinion. Haven't bought anything yet. Unless I hear horror stories about my choice, I will probably get the order in tomorrow, (13 April).
Thanks.
Todd.

M14sRock 04-13-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLS (Post 268934)
Hey M14sRock.

I think I have decided to go with the Sadlak "package" deal. Mount, scope, and rings. Mike Sadlak suggested that I would need a "cheek pad" in order to see through the scope easier. For the scope, I chose the "Millett, 4-16x50 TRS-1 Tactical 30mm. The rings are Leupold, and the mount is the steel model. Just thought I would run this by you and get your opinion. Haven't bought anything yet. Unless I hear horror stories about my choice, I will probably get the order in tomorrow, (13 April).
Thanks.
Todd.

Nope. No horror stories. Those are excellent choices. You cannot go wrong with Sadlak, and Mike is as solid a guy as you will find in the gun industry. I have not used the Millett, but have heard very good things about them. Henry did a side by side comparison of the Millett and Super Sniper on another forum and he gave the M high marks.

For your cheekrest, check out Desert Warrior Products. Their rest is great.

TLS 04-13-2010 02:10 AM

Thanks man.

I am still wondering about the price of the scope rings. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for", but...

Don't think I should mention the price here, unless it is OK to do so. Like I said before. I am new at this forum.

Can I list the price?
Thanks.
Todd.

M14sRock 04-13-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLS (Post 269063)
Thanks man.

I am still wondering about the price of the scope rings. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for", but...

Don't think I should mention the price here, unless it is OK to do so. Like I said before. I am new at this forum.

Can I list the price?
Thanks.
Todd.

You can list them, but be specific as to what they are. Leupold PRW's are NOT the same as Mark4 rings. So the price is not even close.

M14sRock 04-13-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLS (Post 269063)
Thanks man.

Can I list the price?
Thanks.
Todd.

PM inbound.